Starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunaf

Nail Technician
Reaction score
Hello,
I've just finished my uv gel polish course and will be purchasing the start of my kit on Friday. I'm hoping to buy about ten colours and I'll gradually add to this over the next few months before I even start offering my services.
My question is, what colours would you recommend buying for your starter kit? I'll be doing friends and family's nails for practice but would still like to have popular colours. So what is most requested please?

Hi I started off with red,glitter silver and light pink. I have loads more colours now. But now is coming up to Christmas so you might want to get some colours with glitter in and some winter colours

Hi what brand will you be using?/what company did you train with? Pinks, reds, deep burgundy (especially this time of year) a few nudes to suit different skin tones, white, pale pink and black would be my reccommendation [emoji4]

Thanks to both of you. I'll be using Le Chat Perfect Match as thats what I trained with. There was just so many colour options I didn't know where to begin so thanks for the opinions.
I think I'll definitely keep in mind the time of year and opt for some deeper colours, although 'Neontopia' keeps calling me to buy it

Ah I'm not too familiar with their colours. Yes I agree about the glitters! Always nice for Xmas! Neontopia sounds bright haha! I have an 80year old lady who always has gelish neon pink! Even in winter [emoji5]️ so if you like it get it, but it just may be more popular in the warmer months x

I got my first delivery of perfect match last week.

I ordered 2 nudes, black velvet, goddess of samba (very xmasy) wild berry, majestic wonders and flirtini.

I have also got two of the mood polishes.

I'm ordering a few more tonight but don't know what to add! I have asked a few friends to chose some colours for me as I know they will be regular clients, my thinking is if they chose them then they shouldn't be shelf sitters??

I've been advised to buy for the season for now, so deep reds, and slightly darker colours and some good colours for Christmas and nail art. X

Latest posts

Back