Starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLaLand

Reaction score
I've looked online for a how to start nails but nothing really gives much info.

My question is going from a hobby to a job what would be the best route for me to take?

I'm a stay at home mum and been wanting to train since I had my daughter 4 years ago but never knew where would be the best place to start. I've just had my son in January and need to get back to work asap and the only thing I know to do other than be a mum is nails [emoji85]

Any advice welcome xx

Are you trained? Is there a local college that offers nail courses? Or do some research into cnd, nsi etc you would need to do a basic mani pedi course first then do a gel course and maybe an acrylic one later if you want to do them. Then you’re sorted, you will need to do lots of practise and invest a lot of money into the best products, otherwise customers won’t come back. Try Facebook, take pics of your best work and put it on your Instagram and try wahanda (think it’s changed it’s name but google it) they take a percentage but it’s worth it when your starting out. I would stress that investing money will work out in the long run, being trained by the top guys is money well spent as they provide great aftercare and they’re the best! I would suggest maybe working for someone to start out with if you can, just so you can learn from them and if you make a mistake they can put it right! It’s not all on you and you can build yourself up to working for yourself. Good luck though, it’s a great career to have especially having kids as you can work it around them and it’s very rewarding! And dot give up, everyone wants to but keep going and keep practising

Latest posts

Back