Starting up a nail tech business from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy86

Candy
Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie on here and I just wondered if any one has ever started a nail tech business from home I have a 1 year old daughter. Does any one else do treatments from home that have children and how do you find it ?

TIA 😊

Ive just started up from home. I offer gel nails, l&p and gel polish. I have a son that turns 2 in may and a 5 yr old. I havent really advertised much as im not sure how my little one will go. He is very shy and clingy. Some times hes great when there is someone here and other times hes not ok with it. I do about 2-3 sets a week. I dont mind it going slow at the moment. But im hoping to advertise and gain more in a couple of months. Having said that i am loving it and its working for me

Good luck

In planned to work from home I have. 5 kids, so hopefully I can work round them all lol

I work from home with a daughter nearly 2! My salon is a pop up salon in my lounge! And I do hair nails and make up! I run it in the evening and two days in the week when I have her in nursery. Any friends and family I will do when she is around! Though if I client is desperate I don't mind fitting them in during my daughters nap time but I tell them that she will be around at some point so it's up to them if they really can't wait. Have a client this morning for example but it is only in special circumstances I will do this. My main problem is having the place presentable when my child thinks the floor looks better covered in toys and teddies and books lol!
Definitely do able! Iv been open a month and get 1-2 clients a week currently and building it up! But the feedback iv had off others they say working from home does not deter clients cos they come for you and your services. And any clients I have love my little salon!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Thank you every one my daughter has a play pen that I have been putting her in when practising on people I just didn't know how people would feel about my daughter being there my tutor says she does at home in her living room with her kids there and are usually quite good but you know how children can be lol 😃

Depends on your clients. Some are coming to get away from kids and have a pamper session they won't want kids round. I think personally a clean quiet area is needed and I only do them when my daughter is having a nap or will only be around a short while in special circumstances. Unless it's friends or family cos they can just deal with it lol!! But for me it's more professional if they are not around so you can concentrate. But like I said it's down to what your clients want and expect

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Latest posts

Back