Starting up again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_hkrs

Reaction score
Hello, feels like forever since I've been on here!

I qualified in 2011, left my job in admin and set up a small business which i then ended up going back to at the end of 2011 as i needed to pay the bills! Im now in a position where i want to start back up, i work full time in admin but want to do some treatments at weekends.

My problems is I don't have any space... my bedroom is very large and i have enough space to divide it up between sleep and beauty and i would only do treatments such as massage/ facials in my room and Manicures/ Pedicures downstairs in the second lounge. It's not ideal but i will only be doing treatments on people i know or friends of friends who know the situation. I am a super neat and clean person, do you think this would be ok?

(Unfortunately the second lounge leads onto the kitchen and hallway and the first lounge is used by my housemates.)

Also i will only be doing Massage, Waxing and Tinting to begin with until i see some profits coming in and then start to add treatments, do you think this will be ok?

Thanks!

Hannah

Would you not be better of going mobile?
I don't know how much money I'd be willing to pay someone to have a facial in their bedroom? It really depends on how you can divide the room.
Re the 2nd lounge - do the housemates have to walk through this to get to the kitchen?

Would you not be better of going mobile?
I don't know how much money I'd be willing to pay someone to have a facial in their bedroom? It really depends on how you can divide the room.
Re the 2nd lounge - do the housemates have to walk through this to get to the kitchen?

Hi i can't and don't want to do mobile, my couch is a massive electric one. I work full time, i literally want to do a couple of treatments to bring in a bit of pocket money and because i miss it.

Yes my housemates have to walk through the second lounge, the front door, kitchen, hallway and other lounge all lead from it so it's a central location with no privacy. Obviously any treatments like manicures/pedicures i will do downstairs.

I was thinking of dividing the room using a room divider, I will take a photo tonight and upload.

I also won't be charging a fortune as it's treatments on people i know also because i am using my room so im being realistic and thinking of £30 for a full body massage, etc.

Hi I've uploaded some photos so you get a general idea of what i am going for... It's not yet complete as im still waiting on a few bits such as a room divider to separate bed/ wardrobe from the rest of the room to make it feel a bit more like a treatment room.

Please bare in mind i will only be doing treatments on friends and family. I'd love your opinions, thanks!

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=7777

Latest posts

Back