Starting up mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonny123

Reaction score
Morning all I'm after some advice on starting up mobile I've being advertising for 3 weeks now and only had one person respond,I offer spraytans,nails,eyelashes,waxing,tinting I did have a job in a beauty salon but decided I wanted to go back to college to become more qualified and thinking I could do both college ( is one evening a week)and work my boss let me go and I'm a mum of 4 boys and I'm really struggling financially I have started beauty later in life 36 and wonder if I should just give up

What kind of advertising are you doing. There's a thread around here about promoting your business, have a look for it in hone search function.

I like to work on encouraging word by mouth. I give my clients 5 business cards with their name on it, and when I get all 5 cards back I give the client a free service. I feel this is worth more than a 10% discount on the 5th visit for the client, instead they're getting $100ish free (which doesn't cost me that much) after having gained another $500+ off her friends who she recommended me too. Does that's me sense?

Don't give up. This is one of those industries where you have to work to get the clients. But ensure your service are top notch, and people will keep coming back to you and talk about you,

Hiya,
Please please dont give up! You've definately done the right thing in training up further. I'm currently training and will also be looking to start as a mobile therapist.
Have you tried social media sites such as Facebook? Get leaflets and business cards printed and keep trying. Good luck and please let me know how things go x

Morning all I'm after some advice on starting up mobile I've being advertising for 3 weeks now and only had one person respond,I offer spraytans,nails,eyelashes,waxing,tinting I did have a job in a beauty salon but decided I wanted to go back to college to become more qualified and thinking I could do both college ( is one evening a week)and work my boss let me go and I'm a mum of 4 boys and I'm really struggling financially I have started beauty later in life 36 and wonder if I should just give up

Oh that's a shame *hugs.
Why where you let go? Is there anything you can do about that?
Please don't give up. Until Universal Credit kicks in self employed people can still apply for Housing Benefit and working tax credits etc. Some areas are doing new business funding too. As mentioned above there is a thread by Lynne Baker called "More ways to promote your business" and it's excellent. Full of ideas and tips. Explore all your options. There's help out there and with enough determination and quality work I'm sure you'll be fine xx

Latest posts

Back