Sticky hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo Mari

Reaction score
Hi

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I always seem to end up with sticky hands while doing waxing. Anyone got any tips to help me. Is it maybe the way I am spreading the wax on. How does everyone else do there waxing when going the legs especially.
Thanks

Hi there! I find this happens to me no matter how careful I am [emoji23] when I feel my hands getting sticky I just put a tiny bit of afterwax cream or oil on my hands, rub it in and carry on. Seems to do the trick :)

I would agree with the comment about rubbing a tiny bit of afterwax oil on to your gloves, it works a charm. You could always check the quality of the strips your using.. I find I get much sticky-er using the short strips that are thinner too, I find I'm best with the long ones from salon services, there nice and thick too so you don't get so much wax seeping through to the top. Another thing would be to use a scraper bar over your pot if your using pot and spatula. Good luck

Try to always leave a good inch at one end of your wax strip free of wax and only hold it here. You might be swapping ends without realising.
You could film yourself waxing a friend and then watch it back to see where you are picking up the sticky bits.
No harm in putting on a new pair of gloves half way through a full wax service either!

Thanks for all your help xx

Definitely agree with the above post, make sure you leave a gap on the strip and then after a while fold the end over if that makes sense?

Latest posts

Back