Stickys with lash glue what am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyamua

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am fairly new to SP lashes, I trained back in January, completed all my case studies and done them for a while, then I took a break for a a couple of months and have recently started doing them again the past few weeks.

I am using the Lash Perfect odour free glue for sensitive eyes which has a slower drying time that the other two glues the sell, however when I needed a new glue I just stuck to what I knew and reordered the odour free.

I am getting lots of stickys though! Not the bottom sticking to the stop, but the lashes sticking to each other. Do you think I am using too much glue? Not leaving the glue to dry before releasing the lash? I am confused because I thought I was leaving more than enough time and not using that much glue!

It's leaving me a bit nervous about my next set on Saturday as I have had a real struggle to try and unstick them from each other and I'm overly conscious about not damaging their natural lash and I don't want to hurt the client!

You Definitely need a faster drying glue.
I had the same problem when I started out and it really knocked my confidence but as soon as I switched to a faster drying glue i was fine and have been ever since :) xx

It could also be the humidity affecting your glue. Check out sky glue and you need hardly any. Watch Eyelash extensions in Kent videos on YouTube!

A sensitive glue has a much slower drying time (8-20 seconds) which makes stickies difficult to sort out. I recommend you use a higher performance adhesive, one that has a 1-3 second dry.

HTH

Thanks everyone, I've only just got this glue aswell :mad:
I paid £40odd pound for it aswell, so don't want to rush out and buy a new one, but will be getting a faster drying one next time. Heard good things about the Flirties glue so might try that one :)

Flirties has a very strong odour, your clients will defiantly find this out if you go from a sensitive glue to flirties, i have used flirties (became allergic myself whilst using it) I currently use The Lash and Brow Company can't fault this glue much cheaper also than your lash perfect glue 😉
Have a look it's been getting fab reviews from lots lash techs on FB
http://www.lashandbrowpro.com/

Latest posts

Back