Still trying to get RED hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddlesore

Reaction score
Have popped over from the nail forums for some help....

So a couple months ago I posted in the Consumer forums about the possibility of going a vibrant red from a darker red/brown.

I have asked my hairdresser who doesnt want to know,kind of stopped thinking about it over xmas but now Im on it again as I really really want red hair.

Tried a couple more salons today and was amazed with the outcome.

One salon said no it wouldnt work and I wouldnt be gauranteed the results I wanted and the second salon said they would need to 'bleach bath' my hair to get all the previous colour out but then went on to say they dont offer this as no one knows how it works!!!!!!!!!

Seriously bright vibrant colours are popular or so I thought....so how come I cant get my hair dyed for love nor money am I asking the impossible here!

Help I want red hair!!!:rolleyes:

go to your local college hun they will be able to do it , as the level 3 students will be wanting creative colouring clients , are you wanting all over red ? or just slices ?

hiya i had a client like this last month i wasnt willing to bleach bath it due to condition so what i did was i pulled loads of highlights through it bleached them til they lifted a little rinsed that off dried then put a bright red over it with 10vol and it came out great she loved it it wont be bright red all over but i put enough hlights in to make it look all over apart from that i dont know what else to suggest
obviously the cons with these colours are they can fade really quick but you can always get a red crazy colour an dtop it up xxx

All over red Im after...didnt occur to me to try the local college actually thats not a bad idea.

My hairs not dry or badly damaged Im lucky as all the things I do to it I should be dry and straw like or bald but its fine so Im lucky.

Do you think they are turning me away because it will take so long to bleach and then start colouring?

Thanks for all the help by the way I do really appreciate your time i responding xx

hiya you tend to find people will try and avoid just because to bleach bath can not only be dangerous it can be really bad for your hair and sometimes you done acheive exactly what you want the first time so some people tend to cut their losses defo go to the college but tell them before what your looking to have done good luck xxx

Have popped over from the nail forums for some help....

So a couple months ago I posted in the Consumer forums about the possibility of going a vibrant red from a darker red/brown.

I have asked my hairdresser who doesnt want to know,kind of stopped thinking about it over xmas but now Im on it again as I really really want red hair.

Tried a couple more salons today and was amazed with the outcome.

One salon said no it wouldnt work and I wouldnt be gauranteed the results I wanted and the second salon said they would need to 'bleach bath' my hair to get all the previous colour out but then went on to say they dont offer this as no one knows how it works!!!!!!!!!

Seriously bright vibrant colours are popular or so I thought....so how come I cant get my hair dyed for love nor money am I asking the impossible here!

Help I want red hair!!!:rolleyes:

u mean orange hair or just red. Dont make it ginger hair itll be ****ed for you

It can be done. Lots of hairdressers don't like double processing as it fades mega quick though. Difficult to reverse too, so think it through beforehand. It is a very high maintenance look.

A gentle lightening should not destroy your hair....that being said, yes the first application will be likely to fade faster than normal, due to the cuticle being open. Im not sure why so many stylists do not want to do it, as we do this on a daily basis????? Red is high maintenence, I color my hair every 3-4 weeks. I went from a level 10 bleach blonde to pillarbox red, but had to fill with 8rc, then applied a 6rr all over, and it is fab. Second application had to be done 2 weeks later due to fading, but now its once a month. Easy.

Have managed to find an old photo of my super high maintenance red hair.

My hair is black so in order to get it this way I used to bleach it then put a permanent red dye on it.

I found the most vibrant, funky reds are the semi-permanent ones like fudge, directions, crazy colour etc

So I would also put a semi perm colour on top. Depending on how often you wash your hair the semi perm colour would need redoing every few weeks.

(the above photo has been through photoshop so my hair wasn't as bright, but it wasn't far off)

Ok so an update....

I now have red hair!yay!

Had to bleach bath it and then used Magicontrast Red and 8%....looks brilliant and yes its fading but im happy to top up when needed so all in all very very happy.

Got there in the end girls!

Thanks for all your advice and help xxx

my friend is a hair dresser and used something called fudge in my hair i went to blue they do red too so can use it to top up as you will need to do it alot i was already bleach blonde and that way it worked so well basically you wash your hair and put this in it when it wet works really well and can get it from sallys and isnt expensive about 7-8 pounds .

xx

i got my hairdresser to do it llike permanent redish :) then use crazy colours fire on top of it :D look at ma profile pic thts the colour mine went, im natural ginger lol
p.s didnt read other ppls answers so sorry if someone has already said this xxxx

i forgot to say i literally dye my hair every friday !!! so annoying x

I used to have gorgeous red hair :( I had to keep dying it literally every 1-2 weeks to keep the colour vibrant and in the end took its toll on my hair.

I had a red bob and had to have it chopped like Frankie sandford because the damage was so bad :( now my hair is in rubbish condition and horrible black with red coming through lol

Miss my red hair so much but at the mo my hair looks like a wig of straw. :(

Latest posts

Back