Still undecided which gel polish, etc. to use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
Hi yes its me again, looking at all the threads here and see many use cnd, I was going to go with nubar but like cnd vinylux and the sound of the brisa lite, courses not to pricey as already qualified so just need short one day product courses. Thing is I would have to buy shellac kit with lamp, shame as already have a calgel lamp, but no calgel left and didnt really get on to well with it. If I bought the Shellac kit is it worth the money, only 4 colours in it would that be enough just to start with, I like the idea you can match colours up with vinylux also read really good reviews about brisa lite.

I have spent a small fortune over the years and not started my nail business as our other business takes all my time, but really want to get it started now before its to late for me, getting older lol.

So the thing is I dont need loads of training as fully qualified, dont mind product training if its not to expensive £50-£100 but is cnd really worth all the money to invest in or should I still look at others out there. Saying that their Vinylux is fab have the starter kit and going to order some more colours this weekend, never tried their shellac so cant comment.

any advice from anyone. Just need to get it right from the start as my other half just moans if I buy it and dont do anything with it.

I've been having the same dilemma but ordered my shellac kit and 4 more colours yesterday. My thinking is that even if I only do friends and family, I'll make my money back on it within a few months.

I'm also going to do the course, very reasonably priced and lots of locations.

I've just invested in Shellac myself and purchased a kit at Pro Beauty. You do make quite a good saving getting a kit. Looking back I would have saved myself a fair amount if I had just saved up and got the full kit which is on S2. I've been adding to my collection bit by bit by buying the individual colours which has cost me a small fortune however if you have a good client base you will easily make it back. Worth noting that buying the additives is a good way of creating new colours without buying the bottles. I haven't yet done the cnd Shellac training but it's on my list of 'to do's' :) Getting there slowly! Xx

thanks ladies for replying, see I am not the only one not sure what to buy, may I ask what colours you have also bought to go with your kit, keep looking and dont know what colours to buy, keep adding to my basket then taking away and adding something else. Feel like I will never press the buy button. Also thinking of ordering the brisa lite, shame we have to buy the lamp, more so as I already have a good one :(

I used to use Signature Gel but everyone kept asking for Shellac, so my other half bought me the starter kit and my Bring Em Back conversion day course for my birthday last October. I've not looked back! The Shellac is second to none, and the training is not only really enjoyable, but informative as well. However, trained you are, you will always learn something new on the course. I would highly recommend to everyone - I would not buy anything else now.

Gosh haha now you're asking! I have 22 polishes at the minute and 9 pigments/additives. I was forever removing and adding to my basket! If you search the threads on here you get an idea of what the most popular colours are. I think best thing is have a few of each group, so nudes, pinks, reds, darks and blues/greens/purples. And purchase colours you can layer with. Ie Grapefruit Sparkle, Strawberry Smoothie or Iced Coral. I'm wearing Iced Coral over Cocoa and received quite a few compliments. I'm a glitterholic so I have a fair few glitters too haha! I think I will just purchase 1 or 2 colours a month now and save for the next collection xxx

Latest posts

Back