Still Unsure!?! (wot to do now)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natzdanutta

Reaction score
Right me and my bf decided today that me takin that job with the lady who is desperate for a nail tech because of me having to find child care and the cost of that! also because i feel my heart is not in it and i wouldnt be able to promote my Natz Nails!! So i thought i should give her a call to let her know and for me to tell her not to be too eager to let anyone who is just qualified in nails to just take the job (i say this because the last four nail techs were and cos she doesnt know anything about nails she didnt know what there wrongs were!)
Right so gets on the phone says sorry dont think its for me wot be able to promote wot i do nor will i be able to get child care.
she replied that maybe i should just do 2days a week and come to some arrangment about the cos of renting or even paying me a wage! i
i said i think £70 is a good price if your looking for a nail tech its quite cheap and i said if you feel you have found someone new i can check them over (listen to me thinking im know everything lol) or whilst still looking for nail tech i could help her out (cant help feelin that i need to help her cos she all she wants is a good business!)
she even said if a client calls up she could get back to them and ask me if i could do it.
i ended the call by sayin maybe one day a wk and working 10til6 and that i would have a work with my bf (he is good at advising me and is true to the point!)
so mark (bf) said maybe tell her i would pay %15 of wot i make in that day and use my products and her polishes!
so still in two minds lol
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh:rolleyes:

If you can find out how many clients you can expect during your time their, you can work out how much you can afford to pay her to rent.

IMO you should rent from her instead of being employed, this will allow you to promote your own business to your clients, then if/when you leave you can take your clients with you. You could promote your self as Natz Nails at Whatever the salon name is. Should get your name out there.

There was a thread on here a while ago about whose client are they? the salon or the tech? The consensus was if the tech is self employed, the clients are theirs and there should be no comeback if they follow you when you move.

Hope this helps.

I think 15% is very reasonable and fair, although you sound so negative that I don't think your heart wants to work for the lady.

Perhaps you could pursue it on a temporary basis and review things in a month or two.

i called her last night and said i would work 2 days per wk 9.30 til 2 (during school hours) and i would do a wage for a month then she offered me to rent there for £40 a wk, she still says its not about the money its the reputiation! so i said lets start with a wage and take it from there!
this morning gets a phone call from the hairdressers saying they have had ppl interested in me doing the nails there, they said if i started with 1 day a wk they would take my bookings and i would pay £15 and when business takes off then i would be asked to pay £50pw so i said yeah!!! my heart is more with the hairdressers so gonna do both! good job ive got my theory booked! then i should be ready for my test! its like ive had nothing for ages then all this comes up! i do have to do my own room up and kit it out i know this is gonna cost money but it will be mine as the woman at the other place doesnt want me promoting. but the girls are asking me to get a poster of Natz Nails printed and get it in the window! where can i get a poster from???? i mean my own design? confused nail tech with noooo money in need of advise!! (lol) plus miss big nails lives next door (anther nail tech) if i get busy at one place she could do other or who knows we could end up working together........who knows!! watch out world her i come (prob with a crash bang wolop!)

ooo it all sounds very exiting,good luck with it all,im sure you will do well:hug:

ooo it all sounds very exiting,good luck with it all,im sure you will do well:hug:

Awww bless ya, lets hope i know i will be starting from scratch but ya have to start somewhere dont ya!! really looking forward to getting established and who knows what might happen!! theory test next thurs get that out the way and put in for my test cos a car is needed!!!!

Latest posts

Back