stinkie monomer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckygirl

Reaction score
does monomer go off? i was useing an old one today and it didnt smell right, any ideas?
thanks

Monomer has a pretty long shelf life if kept in the right conditions.

You don't give anyone much info to go on. How old is it? How long has it been stored? and where has it been stored? How much is in the bottle? etc etc. What smell is right?? What kind of monomer is it?

A little bit of info would be useful here.

its creative retetion, i havent used it in over 8 months,i stored it in a plastic
zip loc bag with my brush case and powders, i've been useing brisa all the time and i got it out today to brush up as i'm going back to work soon.. it smelled normal untill i practiced on a tip and it was a bit sticky after drying.. any ideas?

As long as the monomer was kept in a moderate temperature in a cupboard it should be fine.

Maybe you have got unused to the smell of monomer and a sticky feel sounds like too wet a ratio.

If you have only been using gel then I think you may need to do a bit of practice to get back into the swing of using L/P again.

Latest posts

Back