Stolen Mobile Phone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautynails

Reaction score
I have bit of a problem. This afternoon my mobile phone went missing:sad: .
I believe that a clients child took it:irked: .
I have turned my house upside down looking for it, hoping I'm wrong, I have rung it over & over but it's not here & I know it was. I used it just before she came.
My major problem is that I don't know this client very well & I'm worried that if I say anything I'll offend her. and no matter how hard I've looked there is always the chance that I'm wrong.
:cry: It's a brand new phone. I've only had it 3 weeks & it's on a 2 year contract so it's going to cost me a fortune.

beautynails said:
I have turned my house upside down looking for it, hoping I'm wrong, I have rung it over & over but it's not here & I know it was. I used it just before she came.
My major problem is that I don't know this client very well & I'm worried that if I say anything I'll offend her. and no matter how hard I've looked there is always the chance that I'm wrong.
:cry: It's a brand new phone. I've only had it 3 weeks & it's on a 2 year contract so it's going to cost me a fortune.

Have you contacted your service provider to get you sim blocked?

can you not report it to the phone company as stolen or lost?
otherwise why not call the client and just ask nicely if her child has picked it up? say you noticed him/her playing with it and now you cant find it, and explain you were wondering if they have just moved it, but have looked all over, so would she mind checking if he/she has picked it up? Tell her you know what kids are like, they always go for mobiles, keys etc, Im sure she wont be offended hun.

Call the client and be polite,

"Oh I am really sorry to bother you but I have been searching my house all day for my mobile and cannot find it anywhere, by any chance do you remember seeing it whilst you were here? Is there any chance you can ask your child if they saw it, as I am desparate to find it"

There is nothing wrong with asking if they happened to have seen it, you never know they may have done and may tell you of somewhere you haven't looked!

Failing that if the child did take it, the mother may know and may admit it and apologise and bring it back....children do have a nasty habit of grabbing things and walking off with them without their parents knowledge!!

I've been hoping all afternoon that she'd ring me & say her daughter took it, thing is she's old enough to know better (think she's 9), haven't rung the service provider yet hoping it would turn up or I'd hear from client. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet & ask her & hope she's not offended. If I get nowhere I'll ring service provider tomorrow (it's 9.30pm here) but I'll still have to pay out the contract which is $720AU.

oh right i was thinking a toddler not a 9 year old. Oops. thats a bit more embarassing. Still, I would ask her, and see what she says. If she is an honest person she would just be embarassed about it not angry

Did you see the child with it at any point?

Didn't see her with it, but I wasn't really watching her. Just know it was there before & gone after. There wasn't anyone else. Keep hoping that I moved it or something but just forgot. But I know I didn't.
If it was a toddler it would be okay, they'll pick up anything they can & take it or hide it on you, I know I've had little kids hide my car keys in the weidest places.
I hoped maybe if I rang it the mother might hear and answer but no luck. I really hope the mother's honest but this was only her 3rd appointment with me so I don't know her very well.
Fingers crossed.

i've had clients kids pinch things before (usually nail enamel) - i saw her do it, so as i was packing up i asked the child if she'd but all my polishes back - said she had - so when i went to pick up my jacket i moved the cushion (that i saw her hide the enamel behind) picked them up and left. you have to watch some kids!!! (not saying all of them are like this)

have u tried ringing your fone - see if your client answers??
or ring the client and say you've lost your fone - u think u may have left it at her house and would she mind having a look for you?? xx

pinkchicnails said:
i've had clients kids pinch things before (usually nail enamel) - i saw her do it, so as i was packing up i asked the child if she'd but all my polishes back - said she had - so when i went to pick up my jacket i moved the cushion (that i saw her hide the enamel behind) picked them up and left. you have to watch some kids!!! (not saying all of them are like this)

have u tried ringing your fone - see if your client answers??
or ring the client and say you've lost your fone - u think u may have left it at her house and would she mind having a look for you?? xx
I work from my house.
Have rung it a few times. It rings & then goes to my messagebank. I'm just shocked. I know some kids are shockers but I've never had anything like this happen before, & can't quite believe it. Keep thinking it must be my mistake & go looking again but def not here or I would've heard the ringing.

ooh in that case ring up and asked if she perhaps picked it up by mistake thinking it was hers?? at 9 yrs old her daughter should know better (if she has taken) xx

yep, will have to do that in the morn, hope i get it back.

I would get onto the client asap I know you are thinking the child must have took it But is there anyway the woman may have done it ???

Lellipop said:
I would get onto the client asap I know you are thinking the child must have took it But is there anyway the woman may have done it ???
no I don't think so because my attention was with her the whole time, so she would have to be a really good thief for it to have been her or else i would have noticed.

beautynails said:
no I don't think so because my attention was with her the whole time, so she would have to be a really good thief for it to have been her or else i would have noticed.

Ok I just wondered with you saying that its a new phone.
Well ring the mother and explain to her that you suspect that the child may have picked up your phone, Its not an easy one but I am sure the mother will be willing to help you.

Ah Mazeltov!!

Lop eared bunnies are so cute!!

wondernail said:
Ah Mazeltov!!

Lop eared bunnies are so cute!!

Lol think you may have posted this in the wrong thread ;)

yeah I think i just freaked out because it's new, I'm sure it's not going to be the drama i've made it seem.

beautynails said:

Honey, I know it's new and all that but ring the provider immediately! If it's a contract phone and it has been taken then you have no idea how much money can be run up on the bill!! Explain the situation to the provider. They might, and I stress "might" be prepared to do a location check on the mobile which would at least let them know if it's active. They would have to pursue it but they might be able to help you.

For all of you that have mobiles, and if the country you are in has the service, get your own mobile registered with a gps locator facility so that if you mobile goes missing you can at least track it's location. It's certainly possible in the UK, should be in the States, but I'm not sure about Oz and Kiwiland! This is particularly useful on newer phones as most have gps locator facilities - sometimes all they are tracking is the triangulation from the cell basestation sites, but it all helps.

If the child has taken it, and from what you say it could be likely, she could be running up huge amounts of funds on texting/phone calls etc. Please, please get the sim locked at least. Then do what the others suggest. Give the mum a call and just politely ask if she remembers seeing it "to help you narrow down where you may have put it". That way it's as non-accusatory as possible.

Good Luck.

Why don't you call the client & say you're ringing to tell her that she won't be able to contact you on that number any more because it looks like your phone's been stolen. This will give you the possible opportunity of saying how much it means to you & how it's new & there's numbers that are only on the phone & you won't be able to get again, ie other clients? If she knows that she or her child has the phone then it might make her feel bad & you can subtley make her think that you've suspected them without having to actually say the words. It also gives her the option of saying that she just found her daughter with it, without her feeling too embarrased. It might be a way of approaching her without leaving you feeling as bad.

Good luck, I hope it turns up for you.

Shannon x

Latest posts

Back