Storing Nail Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
Hi

I couldn't find a thread on this, but sorry if there is one! I live in a warm climate and therefore nail polish can tend to go thick and gloopy.

Can you store nail polish in the fridge or is this one of those old wives tales?!

x

My college tutor said thats what she does! It would work I'm sure.

Your polish is going thick as the solvent is evapourating. Ensure that the polish neck threads are clean of polish before you put them away. If you dont keep them clean then the solvents can evapourate, this thickening polish. No need for a fridge really.

I'm very clumsy painting with nail varnish. And it's even worse when the thickness of those have changed due to action of heat (hot room temperature). Call me picky but I cannot work with materials that don't run smoothly. I read once on the Internet the same thing about storing nail varnishes in the fridge. And call me paranoid but I do feel the difference, especially in those a little bit old ones. And maybe this is related with the fact that someone before me point it out stating that you need them to be kept clean, as dissolvents may have evaporated.

Storing polish in the fridge can help, but good bottle management is more important. Keep the neck of the bottle clean, the lid on tight, and the bottle upright to prevent thickening.

Latest posts

Back