Streaky French polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole.B

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my white polish looking streaky on my french, my smile lines are ok ( maybe a little improvement lol). I have tryed a numerous professional polishes so can't blame the polish. Any tips to get a non streaky white..xx

Last edited:
I find if you mess with ur smile line to much it gets very streaky and messy so i always make sure i do it in two sweeps and dont have any problems at all! hth !!:)

You are using too much. First coat is streaky? No problem apply it thin tne second coat will cover.

Also I find try not to drag the brush through it to much or you will kind of remove the vasrnish as you put it on (if that makes scence) I was doing this but now I try to do it with alot less pressuer and sort or flote the bristles on the polish insted of touching the nail with it. Cx

Also I find try not to drag the brush through it to much or you will kind of remove the vasrnish as you put it on (if that makes scence) I was doing this but now I try to do it with alot less pressuer and sort or flote the bristles on the polish insted of touching the nail with it. Cx

What you mean is float it on and you are right but not too thickly ... better with 2 thin coats.

Sorry i am rubbish at explaining my self in text , its funny as i can be quite well spoken lol
anyhow I did mean with the two thin coats like Geeg was explaining , I was trying to add to that wich is why I started my post with "also" its part of my dyslexia I type as I would talk lol sorry if it seemed i was contradicting that was not my intention. :)

You are using too much. First coat is streaky? No problem apply it thin tne second coat will cover.
This is exactly how i apply it,and the second coat gives such a "crispness",the very first time i did a french smile that i was happy with i was delirious with excitement that my husband thought i had taken too much valium:eek::lol:

Sorry i am rubbish at explaining my self in text , its funny as i can be quite well spoken lol
anyhow I did mean with the two thin coats like Geeg was explaining , I was trying to add to that wich is why I started my post with "also" its part of my dyslexia I type as I would talk lol sorry if it seemed i was contradicting that was not my intention. :)

I thought you explained it very well. All I did was say what you said in a slightly different way!! The more ways a teacher can explain something the easier it is for more people to 'get it'!! :idea:

Thank you, i understand perfectly.
I am going practice on my two unsuspecting sons today lol..xx

Latest posts

Back