Stressed with cuticles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanne7685

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm currently training to be a nail tech and practicing every spare minute I get at home im really struggling with getting the cuticles to look how I deem acceptable if a client is a prolific nail biter and barley has any nail left so basically just attempting to tidy what is left of the nail and some very much needed cuticle work as all grown down the nail am I expecting to much when the cuticles do not look neat to me to be honest the nails don't really look any diff even after a full spa manicure with a natural nail it's slowly driving me mad I file soak cuticle remover push back trim and I just can't see much difference where am I going wrong please help

I'm sure there is a difference! I think your over thinking this one! It will take time for them to look amazing as you say they are a biter. Lots of solar oil and after care advice and I'm sure you will notice a bigger difference soon. Don't be too hard on yourself

I'm sure there is a difference! I think your over thinking this one! It will take time for them to look amazing as you say they are a biter. Lots of solar oil and after care advice and I'm sure you will notice a bigger difference soon. Don't be too hard on yourself

thanks for the reply they are so bad I'm talking 3/4mm of nail left half of that was grown down cuticle I did manage to get them back and tidy the best possible but when I think of a manicure I think of the nice tidy cuticles and shaped nail but there so short I couldn't really tidy the actual nail bar a few corners as there so severely bitten and drastic changes in length that coupled with never been touched cuticles the outcome just looked poor to me is that normal for such short bitten nails or is there something more I could of done thanks again

Did you do any type of treatment? I would have done CND rescueRXX personally.

im just using a generic college kit style spa products at the moment as soon as I get my cert I will be converting to cnd because I love the look and reviews of the spa treatments and products and sweet squared have some local cnd courses I'm just practicing on family and friends at the moment whilst training all of whom seem to have no nails and bite within an mm of there life I think because there predominately male so no polish and have no nails I'm struggling to see the difference the cuticles do look tidier just not as I expected them to but this could be due to the cuticle remover aswell it's not one I've heard of before so possibly need switch this up x

Well there you go you've answered your questions yourself perfectly! They are biters and they are male. There's nothing you can do to magically make them glow and look amazing in one session. Esp when you can't paint them or enhance them. You've done the best you can.

Latest posts

Back