stressed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle g

Reaction score
I have been in and out of hospital for the last 2 weeks because of
just passing out! my heart beat is a bit irregular so i am having further tests done plus they want to do one on my brain as it may be some form of fit.
I have been really worrying about my business as i have had to close
a couple of times.not good if shop isn't open!
Now a new salon down the road opened last week and is offering full sets for
17.00 infills 13.00 and rebalance 15.00.
The salon is advertised in the paper with the nail tech stating that the good
thing about this job is you don't need further training!
my certificates obviously mean nothing then!!!!
i am worried as i cannot match these prices and don't see why i should!
what if i get no clients!!!!!!
sorry for going on but i am really stressed.

Aw Michelle,

Even if your clients try this other salon, I am sure they will soon be back with you. I wouldn't worry too much, that is not good for you in light of your recent discharge from hospital. Don't reduce your prices, you know that you are doing a really good job with your clients and they respect you for that which is why they come back time and time again. Just try to chill and relax and watch what results the competition gets and mainly you get yourself well very soon.

Love

Joan

Michelle,

Try not to worry, I know this is easier said than done. Your certificates do mean a lot and I'm sure your clients will see this in the work you produce. You may lose a few but they will be back I'm sure.

The main thing at the moment is to get yourself sorted and back to good health.

I wish you well and again try not to worry about the other salon.

thanks for your replies. i feel a bit better about things i looked at the advert in the paper that i was told about and it is a stool in the indoor market and the statement that was made was the thing i love about this job is you
don't need ANY training!!!!! just practice.
From now on i am just going to worry about what i am doing and not what
everyone else is doing!
i would rather clients come to me for my talent rather than my price!

michelle g said:
thanks for your replies. i feel a bit better about things i looked at the advert in the paper that i was told about and it is a stool in the indoor market and the statement that was made was the thing i love about this job is you
don't need ANY training!!!!! just practice.
From now on i am just going to worry about what i am doing and not what
everyone else is doing!
i would rather clients come to me for my talent rather than my price!

That is the right way to go and the right attitude to have, onwards and upwards. You will see everything will be alright I am sure.

Joan

Latest posts

Back