Strip wax-Brazilian video tutorials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B*Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, im a first year apprentice and have started training in intimate waxing. Our salon uses strip wax for all waxing and im struggling to find video tutorials for this. If theres any you guys could recommend it would be greatly appreciated

They use strip wax for intimate waxing too?

Yeah all waxing, with plenty of oil and skin support.

Ouch!! Im sorry, ive never seen an intimate wax done with strip wax. Im sure someone here will have some info for you. I was just curious if you meant they did the intimate wax with strip too.

Can you use oil with strip wax? Doesn't it stop it sticking?

You can but not a thick layer, there seems to be a fine line between enough and too much

Might be hard to find a video as the majority of people no longer use strip for intimate. No point when you can offer clients gentler, less painful waxing with hard wax. If you dig around you might be able to find one from a few years ago. Or just ask the salon for more demonstrations.

10 years ago when I first started doing brazilians there were no decent hot waxes so I needed to get excellent at waxing with strip.
I really hope your place of work at least uses a creme wax.
If not, it isn't unimaginable. I am able to clean up an intimate front to back, including the inner labia where it's most sensitive without any harm to the skin. Keep your strips small.
Stretch the skin well. I found corn starch/baby powder a better barrier than oil if using strip on intimate.
Today I use hot wax but I still have an odd client that prefers strip. Intimate waxing became my bread and butter long before I used hot wax. Don't get discouraged.

Thanks for the tips, its proving to be a challenging task...mainly for long haired clients really. We use just a regular wax though, not cream but the other girls do thorough and quick jobs with it so i guess ill get there.

Thanks for the tips, its proving to be a challenging task...mainly for long haired clients really. We use just a regular wax though, not cream but the other girls do thorough and quick jobs with it so i guess ill get there.
Do you not trim?

No, if its too long were supposed to only do what is short enough and tell them they need to rebook and trim themselves. But i did a ladie that left it too long and i felt obligated to do it anyway...in hind site i shouldnt have done it as im just starting this training and it killed my confidence a bit.

No, if its too long were supposed to only do what is short enough and tell them they need to rebook and trim themselves. But i did a ladie that left it too long and i felt obligated to do it anyway...in hind site i shouldnt have done it as im just starting this training and it killed my confidence a bit.
Thats very odd. Your place of employment is supposed to provide a service, if it includes trimming then so be it. Ive never heard of this. Its like buying an icecream and them only giving you the cone.

Thats very odd. Your place of employment is supposed to provide a service, if it includes trimming then so be it. Ive never heard of this. Its like buying an icecream and them only giving you the cone.

I do occasionally cave and trim for some bush monsters. I do have to say I have lost 3 really good cleaners because they couldn't handle the pubic hair stuck everywhere!
I do my best to keep it contained while trimming but lots do escape and cling to floors, walls etc... quite grosse

I do occasionally cave and trim for some bush monsters. I do have to say I have lost 3 really good cleaners because they couldn't handle the pubic hair stuck everywhere!
I do my best to keep it contained while trimming but lots do escape and cling to floors, walls etc... quite grosse
I find that what helps to prevent hair going everywhere when trimming is to have the client lay on bedroll and once ive finished trimming i fold the bedroll up to ensure the hair cant fall out and then place it in the bin straight away. I then lay fresh bedroll down and begin the waxing. I find this really helps prevent hair going everywhere

I find that what helps to prevent hair going everywhere when trimming is to have the client lay on bedroll and once ive finished trimming i fold the bedroll up to ensure the hair cant fall out and then place it in the bin straight away. I then lay fresh bedroll down and begin the waxing. I find this really helps prevent hair going everywhere
I have tried it all!
Including taking a strip off the inner thigh and using that strip with wax on it to pick up the hairs lol
I have a very busy place and the amount of brazilian waxing can be quite a handful some days. So I politely ask new clients to arrive trimmed to 1/4 inch using electric trimmers with a number 2 guard.

I have tried it all!
Including taking a strip off the inner thigh and using that strip with wax on it to pick up the hairs lol
I have a very busy place and the amount of brazilian waxing can be quite a handful some days. So I politely ask new clients to arrive trimmed to 1/4 inch using electric trimmers with a number 2 guard.
P.S. forgot to add that no matter how carefully you trim the hair gets clingy and stays on the clients skin. It literally goes everywhere so when I have tried to trim then have them get up so I can dispose of the paper sheet it just made things worse. They go to gwt up and get their a $$ cheeks all up into it etc... a whole lotta mess that flies everywhere. I tidy after each client but my cleaners still find pubic hair when they do a detailed clean.

P.S. forgot to add that no matter how carefully you trim the hair gets clingy and stays on the clients skin. It literally goes everywhere so when I have tried to trim then have them get up so I can dispose of the paper sheet it just made things worse. They go to gwt up and get their a $$ cheeks all up into it etc... a whole lotta mess that flies everywhere. I tidy after each client but my cleaners still find pubic hair when they do a detailed clean.
It's a beauty salon, I think a few pubes should be expected haha

It's a beauty salon, I think a few pubes should be expected haha
As long as it's your own pubes?! [emoji87]

Latest posts

Back