Striping tape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Striping tape, who uses it? Any tips/tricks?! Recommendations where to get it from?! Seen a few designs recently that I'd love to re-create but the lines are super crisp. Thanks in advance JoJo xx

I got mine off ebay, before I started training. I think if you use it with shellac you need to take of the "sticky" layers so the tape will stick properly, colour coat over it and then take it off and pop it under the lamp, as I know with polish you had to remove the tape before it dried.

Will be watching thread as I bought some and not got on with it so far 😪

I got a big bundle of 30 off amazon really cheap! (Worth a try I thort) but not enough models willing to let me play!!! :(

I absolutely LOVE striping tape! Although i never use it to create straight lines/as a guide for polish or nail art, i always embed into acrylic. You can achieve some really simple but gorgeous looks with it x

I absolutely LOVE striping tape! Although i never use it to create straight lines/as a guide for polish or nail art, i always embed into acrylic. You can achieve some really simple but gorgeous looks with it x

Do you have any pics of your work you wouldn't mind sharing? X

Do you have any pics of your work you wouldn't mind sharing? X

When my facebook page decides it wants to load i will post pics .. Its not playing at the moment x

These are the only 2 i can find on my page its not letting me go any further than start of jan :( ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389891288.236129.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389891299.411626.jpg

Will be watching thread as I bought some and not got on with it so far 😪

Me neither I got a load of eBay but I need more advise on how to get it to stick and also do they only do really thin tape ? X

Mine was frm eBay too. It's great to play with. Here's a easy starting point but looks great! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389893111.484902.jpg

These are all lovely, I have some but can never get it to stick! and am worried if I remove the sticky layer it will lead to a break down in service ?

So the tape is in acrylic in those pics!? Such an effective look x

Thanks ladies for your useful comments. So if I were using gelish & wanted a white background & really crisp straight black lines would I do my white colour coats as normal, wipe sticky layer off, apply striping tape, paint over black gel, take off striping tape & cure?? xx

Here are a few designs that if like to re-create! The zigzag one is using the zigzag scissors & scotch tape! Has anyone tried this?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389944122.257182.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389944130.365644.jpg
(Not my work!)

I also find it a nightmare to use and often does not stick too well. Here is one of the rare occasions I used it ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389945852.457002.jpg

Here are a few designs that if like to re-create! The zigzag one is using the zigzag scissors & scotch tape! Has anyone tried this?
View attachment 53020View attachment 53021
(Not my work!)

Hey Jo! I use those manicure guides for chevrons and stripes usually. They tend it stick slightly better than striping tape.

I bought loads of different shapes - great to use with additives too xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389945865.782963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey Jo! I use those manicure guides for chevrons and stripes usually. They tend it stick slightly better than striping tape.

View attachment 53024

Please can you tell me where you bought these? Fab idea!

Eeeeee this place costs me a fortune! Just ordered 5 packs, thanks TRMG 😀

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 53024

I've got these but couldn't get them to stick to the gelish, any tips?

Latest posts

Back