Striping tape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellslouise

Reaction score
When using striping tape with Gelish what's the best thing to do? I'd be removing it and using it to create a straight line but do I cure with the tape on? And do I remove the tacky layer before putting the tape on?

When I use it for lines I put the striping tape on the cured layer, apply the colour / glitter where I want the line, remove the striping tape, cure immediately after.

When you apply the top coat this will smooth out where you have removed the striping tape, that's what I do [emoji4] xx

I'll give that a go, thanks!

Check out nail vinyls way either to use than striping tape

Check out nail vinyls way either to use than striping tape

Oooo what are Nail Vinyls?? I'm not sure I've come across those - do you have a picture you could share please??! [emoji3]

Empower nail art sheets are the best for colour blocking.

Oooo what are Nail Vinyls?? I'm not sure I've come across those - do you have a picture you could share please??! [emoji3]

I don't have any pictures on my phone but think of them as thicker tape. If you've ever felt a vinyl sticker it's exactly the same material.
It holds up awesomely well.
I actually am posting a tutorial on how to use them in two days on my blog.
So there are tons of shapes designs stencils too...
This is the only place I buy them: http://www.twinkledt.com/#_a_6w

Out of all the ones I've used they work the best especially with gel polish. I posted some pictures of manicures I've done with them they can be tricky to use sometimes... I can help you if you buy them :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465474728.453195.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465474744.459592.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465474768.338732.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465474776.575761.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465474784.828262.jpg

Latest posts

Back