Stripping/bleach bath - from 8 to 12 advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sturner88

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Just want a second opinion:

Client has a natural base 7 that naturally lifts very easily. She normally has blonde highlights (10) end of last summer went dark (6.8) since then didn't like it so went back to highlights, the darker colour has hugely faded out, naturally and with help of highlights, I'd say to around a level 8 with some warmth. She'd like to get up to a 12.89, which she has had before and it looked stunning. (Was also toning with PO) I don't hugely want to strip it so I was thinking of doing a bleach bath on midlength to ends and hope that would lift it out enough. Her hair isn't terribly damaged but also not fantastically strong, and worried that stripping will damage it. Also going to cut off a few inches but she does have fairly long hair.

Also is it ok to go over already highlighted hair with 12.89? Does it just go greyish when you overlap with itself?

Thankyou,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 56
I would used Leyton house colour remover its ammonia free and won't alter any natural or lightened hair will just get rid of what's left of your 6.8

Firstly, 12/89 is a highlift colour not a level. You'll cause unnecessary damage if you use it over already coloured hair. You need to do a gentle cleanse (pastel and Blondor - 3:1) to cleanse that old Colour out. If you have Olaplex do a stand alone before if you are worried about condition. Then once you have reached your desired level tone accordingly.

Thankyou both, I actually haven't used either of those before, I've only used effasor for stripping. Can I get hold of those at salon services? Not sure what to go for now? Also am aware that 12/89 is a colour just thought it may be useful for you to know :)

I would used Leyton house colour remover its ammonia free and won't alter any natural or lightened hair will just get rid of what's left of your 6.8
Any idea where I can buy this today? I am mobile, thank you

Any idea where I can buy this today? I am mobile, thank you
Should be in your wholesalers they are in mine. It really is fantastic only stripping colour not natural hair leaves hair healthy x

Latest posts

Back