Stripping hair black to light brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claires hair

Reaction score
hello xx i have a client with base 2 hair and her natural colour is a base 7 shes wanting to lighten her black to her natural colour shes already got alot of regrowth and has had the black on for a long time now its a colour she been using at home herself
i would love to know others would go about this?? :irked: thanks claire

also a gradual stripper shampoo would be great for this i have had clients come in on a weekly basis and have shampoo mixed with bleach and peroxide on for 15 mins

anyone know of anyother way or know one a client could use herself i always say try head and sholders joking.. :idea:

but anyway there is that affinage eraser...not sure if you have used it before or not, we used a goldwell version at college to cover the colour reducer section...it wasn't that good but have seen a few people metion eraser.

You should try a search on here for it.

Good luck, I've never tried that gradual shampoo thing....but trust me using stuff like head and shoulders will make colour fade...but a home dye is generally very resilient and harder to shift. in my experience. xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what is in the water but all I have done is strip hair this last month.

To go from a base 2 to base 7 is quite ambitious in one hit. To get a nice even tone throughout, I would aim for around a 5.

My tried and tested method, which always results in glossy hair is:

Bleach bath the dark ends only. (my mix is: scoop of bleach powder, scoop of warm water, scoop of either 3% or 6%. In this case I would use 6%)
Avoid ALL natural hair. Lift ends to a nice orangey level 6.

Rinse off and dry. Drench the hair in a porosity balancer and then dry in. As you have lifted the hair to yummy orange no pre-pig is needed.

On the ends apply target shade with a touch of base (5) and 3%. On roots equal quantities of target shade and base with 3% to avoid root 'glow'.

After processing and removal, apply a good post colour treatment to seal that cuticle shut!

Last edited by a moderator:
Donna thank you for that!!!!

Will def give it a shot.

We currently have a purple head in here wanting to be a blonde head....hmmmm....

hello xx i have a client with base 2 hair and her natural colour is a base 7 shes wanting to lighten her black to her natural colour shes already got alot of regrowth and has had the black on for a long time now its a colour she been using at home herself
i would love to know others would go about this?? :irked: thanks claire

also a gradual stripper shampoo would be great for this i have had clients come in on a weekly basis and have shampoo mixed with bleach and peroxide on for 15 mins

anyone know of anyother way or know one a client could use herself i always say try head and sholders joking.. :idea:

Im glad u asked this lol saved me doing it. I seem to be lacking confidence in this area (havent done it in a while) I have been asked by a few to do this kind of job and all i can say is thank god they dont want to go right up to a 10!

my friend is naturally blonde base 7 she dyed it red for a few months then black ( pretty much) now she wants to be a honey blonde again about a bae 9 with hi lights .... she has been quoted 190 in a salon who told her they will do a conditioning remover..... ?!?! is this not just a fancy name for a bleach bath, surely there is no remover that is conditioning!?!
have u guys heard of this cos if there is one out there id like to know what its called so i can use it on my clients!!!! ????

found out its called affrinage colour eraser! has anyone used this?? xx

looks like everyones going about doing this same way more or less with a bleach i have the problem then with colour not taking to the porous ends when i did a red once from a base 2 to 6.888 (red red) i bleached my clients hair first then added the red !!my client turned her hair back black in a few weeks she liked the red but it faded lots been on top of bleach more so ...so been looking at this......

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fast action, removes artificial colour only, kind to natural hair, improves condition and gives it great shine. Removes all brands of unwanted permanent artificial hair colour, whilst being gentle on the hair. In only one application you will see a noticeable difference, even on black hair. Can be applied upto three times to remove colour. Works in only 15 minutes and is one of the best removers on the market. Enough in the box for two applications. Includes instructions but is intended for professional use only. Does not contain peroxide or bleach.This is the stuff used by hairdressers and is to be used with caution. 50ml's of 6%, 20vol Peroxide is also required per application, which is not included in the pack. 100ml's can be purchased below and sent with your order. If your hair is below shoulder length you may require two boxes. [/FONT]
so been looking at this .. 2 good to be true i wonder ?????????:rolleyes: this is new one on me

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Affinage Eraser Hair Colour Remover that is :rolleyes:

[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back