Struggling to find a job and starting to panic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea27

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I qualified 6 months ago and I am really struggling to find a job. I have my level 2 & 3 but as time goes on, I am really starting panicking as I feel I should have already be working in a salon.
I had a few interviews but they have always chosen someone more experienced. How long did it take you to find your first job?
I am worried as the time goes on that I will slowly forget all the things I have learnt and get out of practise.
Can anyone give me any advice please on what else I could do to get a job in a salon? I am quite desperate :cry:
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hello.. Just wanna say I know how you feel it can be really frustrating and disheartening at times but don't give up, I've only just got a job I start in august but I qualified in may 2010 so it's taken me just over a year to find a job I've had 7 interviews in that time, don't give up and practise on friends and family as much as you can If you feel you are loosing confidence, it does take time and is a vicious circle as every where wants experience but how you suppose to get any if know one will give you a salon job! I went mobile and feel I have gained a lot of experience working for myself and has really built up my confidence, maybe you should go mobile while looking for a job and then you can say you have this experience dealing with clients on your own ect. Hth xx

Hi

Where are you based only we are looking for someone that can support our existing therapist if you are looking for Salon experience

Hi

Where are you based only we are looking for someone that can support our existing therapist if you are looking for Salon experience
I am in London, so unfortunately we are a bit too far from each other.

Good luck in your search hopefully you will find something.

What part of London? I am looking for a level 3 therapist in Bromley.

I know alot of places in SW London are looking for people to start asap, is it possible for you to travel that far? Try checking the members only clubs and health centres like Nuffield and Esporta ... i know a few of them are looking for people at the moment to start.

Good Luck

Hannah

Thanks, I will check that out. I have 2 interviews this week, so fingers crossed.:)

Latest posts

Back