Struggling to get clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpster

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am really struggling to get clients at the moment as I don't have a particularly girly circle of friends/family and have not had any response to local advertising. I am mainly concentrating on semi permanent eyelashes as I feel more confident doing these that nail enhancements (and prefer doing them). I work full time doing something else and use the eyelash business as my part time earner. Can you give me any tips on how to go about getting extra clients, i have had some cards printed but am unsure how to get them out there - please help! :cry:

Hi, I am a nail tech and I leave my cards everywhere I can, even at a beauticians where I get my waxing done, at my zumba classes and even the play areas I take my kids! I use my mum and sister as adverts and do their nails all the time. Can you offer anything with the eyelashes like make up? It's quite specific and would imagine women would have it done along side a pampering treatment. Good luck x

Hi I think lashes is fine as a stand alone trade! It's so popular! Get yourself a website Hun! If your not great with computers try Vista print, they are very cheap but do the job!
Then pop your info Inc your web address on all the free advertising sites on line. Just google free advertising! Yell.com free index there are loads. Then when someone googles lash extensions in say Luton you will be found.
If your on face book put offers on as your status and the link to your website. Just to get people looking at it.
My website was the best thing I ever did and is a very cheap way to advertise too.
Good luck with your lashes. You'll be busy in no time!!;) xx

Although eyelashes are popular it will always be harder to gain a client base offering one stand-alone service in comparison to those offering a couple of treatments; I'm not saying impossible, just hard work. It's also important to consider the nature of trends, things like nail art, false eyelashes, tooth gems etc will wax and wane with what's popular and fashionable at the time. I would be inclined to add to one or two other complimentary services to your menu.

I would be inclined to add the whole brow shaping package along with your lashes. I know it is expensive but something like HD brows or a similar cheaper course would be great to add to your existing service. Keep going business will build if you are doing a great job.:hug:

Hi Geeks,

I am really struggling to get clients at the moment as I don't have a particularly girly circle of friends/family and have not had any response to local advertising. I am mainly concentrating on semi permanent eyelashes as I feel more confident doing these that nail enhancements (and prefer doing them). I work full time doing something else and use the eyelash business as my part time earner. Can you give me any tips on how to go about getting extra clients, i have had some cards printed but am unsure how to get them out there - please help! :cry:

Go round the bridal shops. Offer the owners an half price set if they advertise for you and push your services.:hug:

I would be inclined to add the whole brow shaping package along with your lashes. I know it is expensive but something like HD brows or a similar cheaper course would be great to add to your existing service. Keep going business will build if you are doing a great job.:hug:

This is a great idea!
Kim Lawless also does a complete brows course similar to HD Brows at a more reasonable price...she is highly regarded on here so well worth contacting her xx

Please can I have details of Kim Lawless's Brow course?

It's OK found it!

Latest posts

Back