Struggling with awkward clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lk.nails

Reaction score
Just wondering does dealing with awkward clients get easier. I have only been doing nails tans lashes and brows for a year or so and find myself worrying I haven't done a good enough job when I get awkward or whinging clients. I only get women like this when I do nail enhancements though and very rarely with gelish. I understand if it's my fault and there's an issue straight away but I have a theory that lots of my nail clients are used to the rock hard almost indestructible nails they have had from the Discount nail bars and they are not very careful with the enhancements I have done and then wonder why they don't last 4+ weeks also with gelish I have a few ladies who love to pick their nails and then wonder why they are not lasting the 3weeks. Does anyone else think this? Or have clients like this?
Leanne - LK Nails

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, if they have been going to nail bars and getting their nails damaged there with electric files, then NO enhancement product is going to stay put as well as on strong nails in good condition.

They also may have been using products with MMA in (banned as far as I know in the USA and Aus but not here:irked:) which set like concrete and require the nails to be well scratched up in order to adhere - the client thinks this is wonderful because they don't lift :irked: BUT and a big but, lots of nail damage and in the case of an accident they have the potential to stay put and rip your nail off your nail bed - whereas decent product which most reputable nail techs use will, at a certain point of impact, release from the nail resulting in a lost false nail. I know which I'd rather have.

I do know where you are coming from, I've been doing this 10 years now and felt like you for a long time, yes it does get easier because you get to know why things are happening the way they are, and can explain to people. If someone has badly damaged nails from such a nailbar, I won't do enhancements on them now, as I don't want my name rubbished, because I know anything will lift on badly damaged nails. I'd rather lose a client or two than my reputation - because people are quick to slag off the last person to put acrylics on, not realising the damage had been done before - so you absolutely MUST start educating them!:hug:

Thank you so much for you're reply, now I know It's not just a theory and that is the problem.. Big sigh of relief! Lol in the back of my mind I was thinking there's a chance it could be my fault. I'm a worrier and the worry was keeping me up at night a bit. I feel better prepared to explain this to my acrylic clients. They expect them to be indestructible and blame me when they are not. Does anyone know a good article or information on MMA nails that I could give to my clients with their aftercare leaflet? It might be good for them to be properly informed on the damage it causes and the dangers of these nails.
X

Had a similar issue last week, but mine was about timings.
When I went I to work there was an hour booked out for a set of acrylic. I'm not sure who booked it in but my sets definitely take longer than an hour. I didn't worry too much as my afternoon was pretty empty after this client anyway so wouldn't be in a hurry to finish with her.
Anyway, she came in and said that her boss is only giving her 40 mins lunch break (I didn't realise she was on a lunch break).
I explained that even doing a set in an hour for me would be a rush job which would mean they would not be the best they could be, I wouldn't be happy and neither would she. The look of horror on her face that I couldn't have it done in under an hour- let alone 40 mins!!
Again, she is used to these nss speedy chop shops that do acrylic from sun up to sun down over and over and have probably been trained since the age of 10.
Chops shops cause all kinds of problems, and one is going to be opening 2 doors down from my salon just to make life that bit brighter... Not!
Managed to talk her round to a shellac mani and we agreed that next time she would have to allow a reasonable amount of time!!
Definitely about educating the client! xx😳 xx

LK I have seen some of your work on here it's lovely ❤

LK I have seen some of your work on here it's lovely ❤
Wow thank you im still a bit of a newbie so I'm really grateful for you're comment 😊

Latest posts

Back