struggling with my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stirky

Reaction score
hi, been having my website done for months now and getting nowhere!!!
I finally found a picture i wanted to use on deviant art website but its copyright, and not sure if you can buy this one(i have emailed them) i chose it because my new business will be selling hair gems and this is the only picture i could find with gems on the hair...today the guy doing my website said he couldnt use it , and another picture i had just needed him to manually put some jewels in the hair....thats what he suggested before, now he says too time consuming and he couldnt do it...disappointed because i have started sell quite a few hair gems now and website is displayed on packaging but it isnt complete...Think the guy has got really busy now and cant be bothered, I like what he has done so far, just wondered if i can get someone else to finish it and is it possible to add gems, diamantes to photos....any advice gratefully received....oh he was only charging 150 to do the website which i though was really good, but not if after 3 months i still dont have anything......thanks

That is a bit slow of him to finish the site off if the delay is at his end rather than yours. But £150 seems a fair enough price if he does a good job. How many pages is he doing on your site for you?

With regards to the image on Deviant Art, if you get permission to use the image from the copyright owner then there should not be an issue.

I guess what he suggested was to "Photoshop" the pics of the gems into the hair then; I'd imagine that you would need very good graphic design skills to get this to look realistic - which is probably why he is turning his nose up at it.

Have you got a link to what he's done already incidentally?

I doubt if there would be too much of an issue getting someone else to finish the work off for you if he agrees - has he already sorted out web hosting and a domain name do you know?

thanks ruth i do have a link in my email, what is your email address and i will send it to you....i have sent you a message asking if you do websites etc can you pm me please, still getting used to this site....thanks cheryle

Hiya:

If this guy is being slow, you should be able to get someone else to work on it. Adding an image isn't a big deal, but it can be costly for these little jobs, just because the developer needs to setup everything, get the access details etc. Ideally its best to get a website that includes content managements (CMS) so you can make these changes yourself. I'd expect to pay at least £20 for something like this and possibly upto to £50.

£150 for a website is quite reasonable, but regardless of the price, 3 months seems like a long time and people should deliver what they promiss.

Cheers,

Ben.

Latest posts

Back