stubborn people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simona

Reaction score
In this little town i live in nails are just becoming an issue and its unbelivable the ignorance on the subject. Y is it so hard to make people understand that to keep nice nails you need maintance. I have a girl who thinks is better to put a full set everytime, wait intill the fall off. That is so taky. Or they wait 5 weeks to come back and then they complain and make me feel like i don't do my job well. Sometimes i feel like asking how much is there household income so if nails is out of the Budget, "don't do them". I do them at home so imagine how much cheaper i am then the saloons. My town is so little and everybody knows i do nails and i hate when girls walk around with horrible nails done from me.

Simona said:
In this little town i live in nails are just becoming an issue and its unbelivable the ignorance on the subject. Y is it so hard to make people understand that to keep nice nails you need maintance. I have a girl who thinks is better to put a full set everytime, wait intill the fall off. That is so taky. Or they wait 5 weeks to come back and then they complain and make me feel like i don't do my job well. Sometimes i feel like asking how much is there household income so if nails is out of the Budget, "don't do them". I do them at home so imagine how much cheaper i am then the saloons. My town is so little and everybody knows i do nails and i hate when girls walk around with horrible nails done from me.

Hi Simona - I understand how you feel but it seems some clients just cant be educated, and wont listen to the professional...for my clients how are stubourn I have them an aftercare leaflet every appointment and on the reverse it tells them when their appointment is due if they refuse to book on the day....

Simona you should also charge more the longer they wait for a fill. I know many nail techs that do this. Charge a set price for 2 week, 3 week, and four week fill. This should eventually weed out all the riff-raff.

I have a few clients who go between five and seven weeks between infills. I charge them more simply because there's more work to do. There just happens to be some people who don't seem to mind having their nails looking less than perfect for that amount of time. For others, they insist on getting their nails done every fortnight, even if they don't really need doing. Different strokes for different folks.
Educating people, particularly those who are unwilling to listen, can sometimes be a daunting task. Try not to be too fazed about it. I suppose all you can do is keep telling them that coming in sooner is advisable.

Latest posts

Back