Stuck, unable to remove red tone!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
I used the blondie Rae stripper on a friend. Did this twice. The second time it didn't Lift much. But it lifted out the purple she had at a base 2 to a base 7 with red tone.

So I used 9-1, which I know wouldnt contracted red, once I applied it. yes did nothing.. Tried. 9-0 has this has green base, this did not contract either!!!! Tried the double ash bit better..

But what colour in Wella would be the best to contract red tones!!!

I want to achieve 7-1, used 9-1 when Colouring on this remover, they advise to use lighter shade has it tends to go darker...

I used the blondie Rae stripper on a friend. Did this twice. The second time it didn't Lift much. But it lifted out the purple she had at a base 2 to a base 7 with red tone.

So I used 9-1, which I know wouldnt contracted red, once I applied it. yes did nothing.. Tried. 9-0 has this has green base, this did not contract either!!!! Tried the double ash bit better..

But what colour in Wella would be the best to contract red tones!!!

I want to achieve 7-1, used 9-1 when Colouring on this remover, they advise to use lighter shade has it tends to go darker...

this happened to me.. it was such a nightmare..
purple hair base 4
blondi rae to golden level 7 then
we used an 8 ash to start and the red came back i think this is due to a level 8 ash not having much ash present in the dye.
so we had to make it darker with a level 6 ash
this went to dark and the red still shone through =[
we did multiple strand tests which came out nice but not on her hair the day?

i think to be honest when she went home some of the previous tint had re oxidised in her hair and maybe we should have done another app of blondi rae but we were under pressure to get her hair done and finished at the time..

sorry i know this doesnt help you but i wanted to share my experience so you know your not on your own
xx

I have not personally used Blondie Rae, but h used many colour reductors before (which I presume is what Blondie rae is).
One thing you have to be aware of when using a reductor, is that it will react (often quite violently) with an oxidiser.
For instance, if you reducted the dark purple out, then used an oxidising tiint or bleach, you will get a reaction. Far better to recolour using a semi after a reductor.
#Word of warning, make sure reductors are well washed out if you decide to ignore my advice. Mix reductor with a little peroxide in a bowl and watch the reaction! Dont whatever you do touch it!

I was thinking of using a semi as well!! Or well I know next time.. I rinsed it really well, I got the timer on the go, it had more rinse off cause her hair is short.

I am thinking of putting a few fine high lights in, has the condition of her hair is good, and then see how it turns out.. Least it will not look as warm.

Bexster glad it's not only me, guess it a learning curve.. I didn't use the remover again because I didn't see any different between 2nd application. Did you see a difference on 2nd. Overall liked the product.

I have not personally used Blondie Rae, but h used many colour reductors before (which I presume is what Blondie rae is).
One thing you have to be aware of when using a reductor, is that it will react (often quite violently) with an oxidiser.
For instance, if you reducted the dark purple out, then used an oxidising tiint or bleach, you will get a reaction. Far better to recolour using a semi after a reductor.
#Word of warning, make sure reductors are well washed out if you decide to ignore my advice. Mix reductor with a little peroxide in a bowl and watch the reaction! Dont whatever you do touch it!

im so gonna do this tomorrow =]
also, glad to see you back posting chuck x

I was thinking of using a semi as well!! Or well I know next time.. I rinsed it really well, I got the timer on the go, it had more rinse off cause her hair is short.

I am thinking of putting a few fine high lights in, has the condition of her hair is good, and then see how it turns out.. Least it will not look as warm.

Bexster glad it's not only me, guess it a learning curve.. I didn't use the remover again because I didn't see any different between 2nd application. Did you see a difference on 2nd. Overall liked the product.

i did a second app on my strand test and didnt see any difference at all.... so decided not to do for a second time

but when she came back after nearly a week it did look like the purple had come back slightly. but we didnt have time to do the colour reducer again.

ive just come to the conclusion that i hate colour correction..=[

makes me feel like im cra p at my job..
i need to get tough and just say no.. or

listen luv.. pick a colour and stick to it and stick to us... and dont go home and box dye your hair every three weeks.... then we will talk!!!!!

lol x

Latest posts

Back