Studio 58, Hair Planet or Beauty Works?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
hey ladies :) at the start of next month iam doing a micro bead and LA Weave course with studio 58!! i was wondering if anyone has used there hair?? ive heard good that the quality is good but then also heard that there micro bead extensions don't last long:s also have been looking at hair planet but also see there quality goes up and down?? also was thinking of using beauty works but its so expensive to start off with! any help would be great!!! Dont want to use bad quality hair x

Hi Maisie, I am also trying to get feedback on Hair Planet wefts ! I am a LA weft technician and have been using Beauty Works Celebrity Choice range and am very let down by the quality of their blondes !! To be honest I think it's crap and in no way is a reflection on the expensive price !! Over priced and under quality ! Does anyone else recommend Hair Planet ? Also I can recommend Routes Extensions ! They are Indian Remy and very thick but yet have to see how they maintain ! Xx

Beauty works quality is beyond poor I'd avoid, I haven't used Studio wefts but found their prebond hair to be relatively good for the price. For wefts I like Remi Cachet xx

We use hair planet Indian for budget and transform for Mongolian or russian

I have found Hair Planet to be pretty nice but a little pricey. I've used Transform before and found the hair thin and you only get 18g per pack which isn't good because you end up having to buy more for clients with thicker hair.
I'd be very wary of Transform recommendations on here as a certain user has recommended them more than 400 times (maybe more than this). Beauty Works I have had really good batches and then some bad batches, especially with the blondes. This can be very frustrating. X

I have found Hair Planet to be pretty nice but a little pricey. I've used Transform before and found the hair thin and you only get 18g per pack which isn't good because you end up having to buy more for clients with thicker hair.
I'd be very wary of Transform recommendations on here as a certain user has recommended them more than 400 times (maybe more than this). Beauty Works I have had really good batches and then some bad batches, especially with the blondes. This can be very frustrating. X
Hair planet wefts are nice. I use hair planet and SJK .

Stay clear of sjk they cause nothing but problems. I'm ising Holsam who a fab, customer service is spot on xx

Thanks everyone:) I've seen a picture of someone who uses studio 58 hair and it looked really nice so might try that just don't want to start off with hair clients won't be happy with. I've tried routes and didn't like them:/! Maybe it was just my hair I got x

Hi Maisie, I am also trying to get feedback on Hair Planet wefts ! I am a LA weft technician and have been using Beauty Works Celebrity Choice range and am very let down by the quality of their blondes !! To be honest I think it's crap and in no way is a reflection on the expensive price !! Over priced and under quality ! Does anyone else recommend Hair Planet ? Also I can recommend Routes Extensions ! They are Indian Remy and very thick but yet have to see how they maintain ! Xx
Have you tried all of routes hair?? I have used there tiny tip extensions and they shedded like crazy and were quite dry:/ might of just been the batch I got x

Have you tried all of routes hair?? I have used there tiny tip extensions and they shedded like crazy and were quite dry:/ might of just been the batch I got x
Are you trained to use tiny tips? OP States you're about to do a course in micro beads

Are you trained to use tiny tips? OP States you're about to do a course in micro beads
No I bought the hair and paid someone trained in micro beads to fit them for me

Oh nooooo please I'm nervous now as I did notice that there are way too many shorter hairs in Routes wefts x

Oh nooooo please I'm nervous now as I did notice that there are way too many shorter hairs in Routes wefts x

Its a learning curve!

Yeah tbh I wouldn't go there Hun:/ I paid £175 for 180 strands which is okay not crazy expensive but they shed like mad my tangle teezer was constantly full of hair and yes I was brushing them from bottom up gently so I think there is better for the price like studio58. I also contacted them saying the hair is dry after 2 weeks and all I'm using on them is your products that you gave me for free too sample... And they just said loads of excuses. I was just considering maybe trying there wefts but don't want to feel like I've wasted my money again, have u tried there hair? X

Yeah tbh I wouldn't go there Hun:/ I paid £175 for 180 strands which is okay not crazy expensive but they shed like mad my tangle teezer was constantly full of hair and yes I was brushing them from bottom up gently so I think there is better for the price like studio58. I also contacted them saying the hair is dry after 2 weeks and all I'm using on them is your products that you gave me for free too sample... And they just said loads of excuses. I was just considering maybe trying there wefts but don't want to feel like I've wasted my money again, have u tried there hair? X
I'm about to fit 150 grams of weft in on Saturday so il let you know how it goes and post a pic up !! Iv heard loads of good things about their wefts so we shall see although the strand test didn't bare up ! I aye various high end suppliers but need a budget price to offer customers who can't afford those yet I don't want to offer less than decent quality ! If you hear of anything you can let me know and I will do same ! I heard today that Sleek do a European Weave weft in Remy Indian hair (don't know how it has European tag lol) and it's so reasonable with 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22 inch double drawn wefts 110 grams in each pack and the quality is pretty good for the price ? Xx

I think its down to personal preference as I like hair planet wefts as they offer our clients a cheaper alternative to our higher end budgets

I'm about to fit 150 grams of weft in on Saturday so il let you know how it goes and post a pic up !! Iv heard loads of good things about their wefts so we shall see although the strand test didn't bare up ! I aye various high end suppliers but need a budget price to offer customers who can't afford those yet I don't want to offer less than decent quality ! If you hear of anything you can let me know and I will do same ! I heard today that Sleek do a European Weave weft in Remy Indian hair (don't know how it has European tag lol) and it's so reasonable with 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22 inch double drawn wefts 110 grams in each pack and the quality is pretty good for the price ? Xx
Yeah let me know! And sleek hair is amazing! I bought a 'remy couture' triple weft of them that was £175 and it was So much better then besuty works gold wefts and half the price! I'd use sleek hair as a supplier if I knew how to ask them they don't have a trade account or anything that I could find -.-

Love the triple wefts! I regularly use Studio 58 and hair planet along with SJK. SJK would be my main supplier, and have been for a number of years with no issues. I haven't tried routes hair.

Yeah let me know! And sleek hair is amazing! I bought a 'remy couture' triple weft of them that was £175 and it was So much better then besuty works gold wefts and half the price! I'd use sleek hair as a supplier if I knew how to ask them they don't have a trade account or anything that I could find -.-
Maisie I could give you the reps number you just call him up !!

On Wednesday I put in a 150g routes weft, not heard a single bad thing about them tbh x

Latest posts

Back