Substitute for a pedicure chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've found the answer!! What do you all think of this luxury bar stool? I can lift it up high and use a foot stool for them to perch their feet on...

It matches the sofa in my salon, it can hold up to 19 stone in weight and it looks pretty comfy. I'd put a pillow against the back so they feel supported. It would also double up as my in-salon makeup chair!

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366202349.620129.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366202349.620129.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 353
Brilliant! I think Ikea do something similar too.

I had second thoughts on the luxury barstool in the end, I don't think it would offer enough support for an hour if doing a luxury pedi, and I don't expect my clients would feel comfortable on it up high :( not to mention the "arms" of the barstool (again as a larger lady I'd run a mile being asked to sit on that).

So, I took my existing massage reclining chair to a fabricating company and they are going to make it taller for me - it's just a base with a pole connecting it to the seat so it just needs a bit of sturdy tubing.

He says it will be ready on Monday so I will take some pictures for you!

Xxx

Here is a pic of how the chair looks now - I am extending it by 40cm (just a tad lower than my massage couch so they will be raised, but supported and comfortable, and I can use the footstool as a work surface).

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366271001.019054.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366271001.019054.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 497
Any one use their beauty couch for pedis? I currently use my ikea poang chair a d I sit on a little fold away stool but I feel like my clients are to low, I would feel more comfortable if they were higher?x

I have always done pedicures on the couch when I worked in the salon.and now have my own salon at home.its so much easier n u dont have to bend your back a lot either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I have always done pedicures on the couch when I worked in the salon.and now have my own salon at home.its so much easier n u dont have to bend your back a lot either.

Probably really stupid question, but I have never seen it done this way, do you just sit the client on the couch with their legs hanging off the couch? If so how do you soak etc?

I usually pull the back of couch quite high n give them a cushion for the back so they are comfortable while sitting up.after filing the nails I put the foot bath on the bed n they soak their feet.u just have to adjust the foot bath so the client is in a comfortable position.i don't have enough space for a chair so I use the couch n my customers are happy with it.most of them prefer this way as they can sit back comfortably n relax while I do my work.

My clients sit on a bar stool too - it's neat, compact, sturdy and saves your back! xx

My clients sit on a bar stool too - it's neat, compact, sturdy and saves your back! xx

I like the bar stool idea because its compact! Do you have your clients sitting quite high? If so what do you sit on and how do soak feet etc?

They do sit quite high yes, I have them put their feet in a bowl/ under the uv lamp etc on one of those tables you can eat your dinner from while on the sofa :o

The main thing for me is for them to be able to have their feet pretty flat while I'm painting making it easier for me to do a good job!

I would love to be able to do pedis on a massage table as i am starting to eyelashes and have't got the room for nail table, chair, stool and massage table! I can't really imagine how a client can soak their feet comfortably while on a massage table though? Can anyone run that past me or post a pic pls? Also how do you paint or gel if they are laying down? Surely its a really bad angle?

U can't do it if they are laying on the bed.i pull the back of the couch as high as it goes n n then put a cushion behind their back so they are in comfortable position. All my clients love it this way as they can relax much better then sitting in a chair.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

So just to get this right (sorry prob being a little blonde!) they sit upright on the table with their back straight and flat legs? So how do you soak? And how do you apply varnish or put toes in lamp if applying gel polish? Sorry just can't work it out/ picture it!

So just to get this right (sorry prob being a little blonde!) they sit upright on the table with their back straight and flat legs? So how do you soak? And how do you apply varnish or put toes in lamp if applying gel polish? Sorry just can't work it out/ picture it!

LOL they bend their knees..

Here it is...

Like I said, it was part painted so the legs are still bare, but you get the idea.

I'm not knocking it, but I have to say (and I am a small person) this would frighten the life out of me as a client and a tech.

As a tech I would worry about clients going up the steps and reaching out to hold the chair for support before they get to the top (I am assuming that the chair is not screwed to the table), and clients coming down the steps with recently oiled and moisturized feet. Do you move the towel before they stand up?

As a client (I am terrible with heights) I don't think I would feel safe, I just wouldn't want to climb up there.

I am amazed that your insurance company are ok with the set up, it seems pretty dangerous.

I am not meaning to be negative or have a go at you.

I would not have the space for your set up anyway. I have one of these Pedicure Stool | For Sale Online | UK

I have an executive comfy chair for clients normally and I just raise it when doing pedi work. I do not find that it makes my back hurt.

I'm not knocking it, but I have to say (and I am a small person) this would frighten the life out of me as a client and a tech.

As a tech I would worry about clients going up the steps and reaching out to hold the chair for support before they get to the top (I am assuming that the chair is not screwed to the table), and clients coming down the steps with recently oiled and moisturized feet. Do you move the towel before they stand up?

As a client (I am terrible with heights) I don't think I would feel safe, I just wouldn't want to climb up there.

I am amazed that your insurance company are ok with the set up, it seems pretty dangerous.

I am not meaning to be negative or have a go at you.

I would not have the space for your set up anyway. I have one of these Pedicure Stool | For Sale Online | UK

I have an executive comfy chair for clients normally and I just raise it when doing pedi work. I do not find that it makes my back hurt.

Nice! Now that i reallllly like.. Wonder if i can find one in montreal :) its exactly what i need for pedicures!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I do my Shellac on my massage table. I only do dry work, no soaking so it works for me. The head of the table lifts up so my clients sit at a very comfortable angle, they bend at the knee and place their feet flat. So far so good (only started this way last month!)

Latest posts

Back