Subtle balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflower19

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client coming to me next week who has virgin level 7 hair its quite ash in tone she wants a subtle sunkissed
balayage look, im not sure what product to use, I use goldwell, my question is should I use highlift and tip out ends with some bleach to add brightness or use clay lightner altho I prefer to do a teasy light in a foil rather than free hand painting or do I use bleach and then tone darker? Or even use one of the 12 series, never used the 12 line before though.

I have the fear with the word "subtle" it's either to subtle or not subtle enough!

Any advice would be grateful.

I'd bleach and tone. That way you have more control of how subtle it is when toning. Highlift will be subtle, but if its too subtle, then that means another balayage. If the bleach is a little too light, tone it down, toners are much more versatile and quicker to do.

Thanks for your reply, ok I will go with that and just keep the developer low so it doesnt lighten to quick!

I'd bleach and tone. That way you have more control of how subtle it is when toning. Highlift will be subtle, but if its too subtle, then that means another balayage. If the bleach is a little too light, tone it down, toners are much more versatile and quicker to do, and you're almost guaranteed results.

Latest posts

Back