Success using Vinylux for Rockstars?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
Have any of you had it?

I read all the tips on here on how to use Vinylux for Rockstar toes before trying it out on my own toes the other day. It didn't go well, the glitter was Irresisitible holographic silver which usually pops with Shellac, but it went really dull and stayed dull after top coat was applied. It actually looks dirty.

So have any of you had success using V for Rockstars? If so, I'd love to see the pics and how you actually made it work for you if your first experience was like mine.

Thanks.

Yes i often using vinylux and glitter. I always topcoat twice as it gives a better finish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I use it all the time. The glitter has to be really flat otherwise it looks dull. Once it's on you can scrub with the brush to get rid of excess and lay it all down. Here are some I've done :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398071838.214238.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398071855.865202.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398071878.308164.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398071898.758567.jpg

One way to go about it is:
Apply second coat of Vinylux to two toes, sprinkle on glitter, next two toes repeat, then go back and gently press the glitter on first two toes. Do this back and forth till finished then dust off all excess glitter. Works with additives as well!!

Have to agree, I find doing two toes or fingers at a time works best as the vinylux dries so quickly!!

One way to go about it is:
Apply second coat of Vinylux to two toes, sprinkle on glitter, next two toes repeat, then go back and gently press the glitter on first two toes. Do this back and forth till finished then dust off all excess glitter. Works with additives as well!!

Thanks for stopping by Holly. I read the tips about allowing a little dry time before applying the glitter so havn't tried applying the glitter straight after painting. I will try it this way next time. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back