Sudden reaction to lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNina

Reaction score
Hello geeks. I wondered if anyone has a solution to my problem. A very good client of mine has been having lash extensions for the past year (I have suggested a break several times but she wouldn't give them up) recently she has been suffering with red very sore looking eyes, I'm guessing she has just developed an allergy to the glue? I have not changed the glue or eye patches, but she has gone from a J Curl to a C curl, but don't see how this could be the problem.

Can anybody recommend a sensitive glue? She is desperate to keep them going but I'm not sure this will be possible :(

Oh and also any sensitive under eye patches (lint free) ?

They the same type of lashes apart from the curl?
There are various different tapes you could use instead of pads it these are the issue.
Is there any difference in other products you use like primer or sealant?
Or anything she uses like make-up, make-up remover, cleanser?
Have you tried swapping to a sensitive glue to check if it makes a difference? I know it's annoying to use slower glue but needs must! X

Sometimes they can just develop a reaction over time. One of my clients had been getting lashes for months and months and then one infill, boom! Eyes swelled up, eyelids turned pink and peeled and she was puffy for a couple of days. I had changed nothing, she had changed nothing. This continued for 4 or 5 infills (I suggested maybe having a break but she couldn't live without her lashes!) and when she came last week I asked her how the reaction is going and she said it hasn't happened for the last few times. So it all of a sudden happened and then all of a sudden stopped! Very strange.

Yes they are the same type of lashes just a J to a C. I don't think the pads are the issue but just thought maybe could try changing these for something more sensitive, to see if it makes a difference. My client has changed nothing, make up, cleansers etc. Can you recommend a sensitive glue? It will be a very expensive trial and error trying different glues as they are so expensive, especially if it turns out she is allergic to all of them!

Murfles, that's good to hear that your ladies random reaction came and went. I too have suggested a break but she won't! Addicted! Have you tried any sensitive glues?

Thanks ladies :) x

Yes they are the same type of lashes just a J to a C. I don't think the pads are the issue but just thought maybe could try changing these for something more sensitive, to see if it makes a difference. My client has changed nothing, make up, cleansers etc. Can you recommend a sensitive glue? It will be a very expensive trial and error trying different glues as they are so expensive, especially if it turns out she is allergic to all of them!

Murfles, that's good to hear that your ladies random reaction came and went. I too have suggested a break but she won't! Addicted! Have you tried any sensitive glues?

Eyelash Emporium sensitive glue isn't as slow as others I've tried x

Great I will look into this one. Thank you x

I agree eyelash emporium sensitive is very good. It keeps really well too xx

I've just had a look at this glue on their website and it says it's good for temporary applications lasting between 7-9 days? Do you find your clients have to come in sooner than a normal 2week infill with this glue? X

I have tried sensitive glues on my mum because she has a similar problem but they dry a lot slower and don't have the staying power of regular ones!

Latest posts

Back