Sugaring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNina

Reaction score
I have had a few clients asking me to offer sugaring. Can anyone recommend a course? Is sugaring still popular?

Xx

http://www.alexandriaprofessional.co.uk

It's not as popular as wax atm but getting more popular. I think it gives better results than wax and every one of my wax clients that I have then sugared has chosen to stick with sugar...which says it all.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I teach the Alexandria Professional method of Body Sugaring

That's good to know that regular waders have switched over to sugaring. Do you charge the same as waxing or more?

The only down side to sugaring is that it takes longer to get good and efficient with it. When I first started it took twice as long as waxing so I thought I would need to charge more to make it worth while. I now take about the same to sugar as wax so I just charge the same. I earn more in the long run because clients book more regularly as they have no spots or post wax soreness. I haven't touched my strip wax in about 3 weeks! And I just converted another client moments ago!

I have to say that as a consumer I found sugaring to give me fewer ingrown hairs than waxing.

If only I had found a good sugarer local to me since I moved back "home".

Sugaring is an art - and the results are excellent. It exfoilates as well as removes hair and leads to hair refinement - being totally natural its skin friendly too and no mess to clean up with - therefore we suggest you charge more for hand sugaring once you are good at it than strip waxing - and let the consumer make the choice -

I went on a sugar training course many years ago. I enjoyed the course but found it is most definitely an art and also took longer than waxing. At that time my clients still prefered waxing over sugaring so it was dropped from my treatments. It is nice to hear that sugaring is still popular. It wasn' t for me but hey, we can't be great at everything. :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Over the last 20 years in USA Sugaring has been commercialized and professionalised and a technique has been developed - I teach the 6 steps to perfect sugaring so that its broken it down to make it easier to learn than originally. The the sugar paste is consistently smooth - so its makes this ancient art much more acceptable for Salon use.

Its true its an art that takes practice - but so does good waxing - I've been to some fantastic waxers.. and some that clearly needed a bit more practice.

Sugaring is available in Strip Sugar and for the hand method.

Latest posts

Back