Suggestions for rough skin on hands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
The boy friend has tough, dry hands and his brother is getting married in August and would like to have smooth hands for it!!
Does anyone know if I can use a callus peels on them or has any suggestions on how to do it?
He has callus's if that's the right word on the tops of his hands just where is fingers start! And rough skin all over.

You could do a regular paraffin wax or warm oil hand treatments partnered with hand cream and solar oil

Yeah that's what I normally do but how to remove the callus skin?

I have herd of people using a touch of cnd cuticle away, but I'm not sure if they recommend it might be worth asking them ,
I have always had grete success using the CND citrus scrub / citrus manicure set , and prescribing solar oil & cuticle erase x amount of times a day all over the hands . :)

Is it work related,does it go back to normal when he is off.Has he eczema or psoriasis or very dry skin anywhere else.

Hi

You could try cream used for dry and cracked feet and/or heels. Make sure it contains 10% urea.

My husband had really bad cracked callus on his hands for years, had cream from the doctor - nothing worked. then tried the foot cream and it cleared it up. He uses it regularly now and it hasn't come back.

My OH is a Plumber and has terrible problems with rough, dry, callused hands. He uses Flexitol on his hands with really good results. It smells very 'medical' to me but if it was even vaguely flowery he wouldn't touch it so maybe it's a good thing?

Sunshine xx

I second flexitol, the one for cracked heels, put it on every night before bed. x

I have herd of people using a touch of cnd cuticle away, but I'm not sure if they recommend it might be worth asking them ,
I have always had grete success using the CND citrus scrub / citrus manicure set , and prescribing solar oil & cuticle erase x amount of times a day all over the hands . :)
He already uses the cnd almond moisturiser I got him, he loves pampering him self lol he's worse than me

Is it work related,does it go back to normal when he is off.Has he eczema or psoriasis or very dry skin anywhere else.

Yes he is a part time chef and due to the chemicals they use to clean it drys his skin out! I've begged him to wear gloves but he doesn't lol

My OH is a Plumber and has terrible problems with rough, dry, callused hands. He uses Flexitol on his hands with really good results. It smells very 'medical' to me but if it was even vaguely flowery he wouldn't touch it so maybe it's a good thing?

Sunshine xx

Brill I will mention that to him! Thank u x

Yes he is a part time chef and due to the chemicals they use to clean it drys his skin out! I've begged him to wear gloves but he doesn't lol

This may sound odd (and he can make it himself), but it works a treat ....... lard and castor sugar mixed together (add plenty of sugar) then really rub it in quite well .... oddly enough it rinses off quite clean, hands feel amazing afterwards.

This may sound odd (and he can make it himself), but it works a treat ....... lard and castor sugar mixed together (add plenty of sugar) then really rub it in quite well .... oddly enough it rinses off quite clean, hands feel amazing afterwards.

Will certainly give this a go :)

Latest posts

Back