Suggestions to add to my business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
As some of you may know from previous threads I'm a hair extension technician and I have went from working from home to being mobile back to working from home and now I am going to rent a chair In a new salon opening close to home. I know the lady who is opening up and she is a successful beautician of 5 years, I am looking into adding something else to my business so I'm not so singular with doing just hair extensions. They are my passion however not everybody has close to £200+ to just hand over on a daily basis, so I'm looking into doing something else. Not nails, waxing, tans, lashes etc as the lady I will be renting a chair off covers the whole lot which you learn in beauty courses.

Any suggestions are massively appreciated!

Makeup???

That's actually a brilliant idea, I have been looking into it and it's so expensive it's going to cost near enough £1000 and none are close :(

Become a colourist, I do extensions and colour and they go hand in hand. Clients love being able to get the lot done in the 1 place x

Become a colourist, I do extensions and colour and they go hand in hand. Clients love being able to get the lot done in the 1 place x

I previously did hairdressing when I was younger but didn't finish my level 2 and I never fancied doing it all again it just bores me and takes so long to get the qualification that I'd never be in the shop to do extensions, plus the shop doesn't have any water points close enough to have a back basin put in as I had enquired previously just for wbd's

Couldn't you just do a day course for makeup?

How many extension clients do you have on your books? Surely if that's your only business you'd have enough weekly blowdries to keep you quite busy in between fittings?

Couldn't you just do a day course for makeup?

How many extension clients do you have on your books? Surely if that's your only business you'd have enough weekly blowdries to keep you quite busy in between fittings?

I have a large amount of clients but blowdries don't interest them. Hence why I am looking for something that does have a bigger interest rate than blowdries. And I also havnt found any day courses for make up that are less than the price I mentioned but will have to keep looking

In Glasgow there are a lot of 'self taught' MUA's who are doing really well for themselves. I dunno how insurance works with that as I am fully qualified and insured. I think if you're already competent in makeup a day course would be good just to teach you some basic skincare etc. Also watch a lot of YouTube tutorials as that's how we learnt a lot of our stuff in college. X

BROWS BROWS BROWS!!!

You. Old ask your clients.

You could ask your clients.

Clients have asked for the beauty treatments the lady does who is opening the salon I'll be in, think I'm going to do some hair up and styling classes :) xx

Two main options- Supply an existing demand or create demand for a supply. :)

Are you offering just a standard blow dry or a curl blow? There's one girl in the salon I'm in and some weeks she can do literally just curly blows from the start of the week to the end all about the promotion of your work so maybe offer a discounted blow on a new fitting of extensions? X

Are you offering just a standard blow dry or a curl blow? There's one girl in the salon I'm in and some weeks she can do literally just curly blows from the start of the week to the end all about the promotion of your work so maybe offer a discounted blow on a new fitting of extensions? X

Standard blow dry or curls using my wands which stay for 2-3 days so either way it's not just a few hour fix where they drop xx

Latest posts

Back