Sun cream with a spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RB1

Reaction score
Hi lovelies
Could anyone recommend a good sun cream that won't effect a spray tan? I have a client going on holiday soon and want to suggest a sunscreen that won't ruin her tan!

Many thanks!

this is a tricky one. to be honest most suncreams contain oil and will break down a tan. so will chlorine and salt water.
I'll bet any creams that don't have oil are really expensive too!
hope someone can give you an answer!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your response! Hope someone comes along soon with a suggestion lol :) x

Yeah I would love to know too.

Hi, you are best using oil free suncream, you may find googling this helpful. Comes up with a few oil free suncreams but they all seem to be quite expensive (more than £10 a bottle). Cheaper ones of the lot are Piz Buin and Clarins, £14/5)

Most of my clients that get a spray tan when going on holiday dont really care if their spray tan comes off with chlorine/suncream as they get it for the start of their holiday when they are quite pale. Usually lasts a good few days still even with suncream. Id recommend they dont go swimming in the pool until the end of their holiday as I've experienced it myself. Its literally like sliding a tanned sleeve off...the tan just slides off with your towel even if you dab and then you look a bit scaly. Best to leave swimming til the end so they can build up some natural tan before it fades. Dont forget exfoliation to stop the fading from being patchy. They will be reluctant to pack even a scrunchie shower ball for their holiday but definately worth it with all that moisture/sweating/suncream/chlorine/swimming, even though it will be fading faster, no need for it to fade ugly!

Hope this helps x

Hi, you are best using oil free suncream, you may find googling this helpful. Comes up with a few oil free suncreams but they all seem to be quite expensive (more than £10 a bottle). Cheaper ones of the lot are Piz Buin and Clarins, £14/5)

Most of my clients that get a spray tan when going on holiday dont really care if their spray tan comes off with chlorine/suncream as they get it for the start of their holiday when they are quite pale. Usually lasts a good few days still even with suncream. Id recommend they dont go swimming in the pool until the end of their holiday as I've experienced it myself. Its literally like sliding a tanned sleeve off...the tan just slides off with your towel even if you dab and then you look a bit scaly. Best to leave swimming til the end so they can build up some natural tan before it fades. Dont forget exfoliation to stop the fading from being patchy. They will be reluctant to pack even a scrunchie shower ball for their holiday but definately worth it with all that moisture/sweating/suncream/chlorine/swimming, even though it will be fading faster, no need for it to fade ugly!

Hope this helps x

Thankyou! This has defo helped me out! Many thanks! :)

Hi housebeauty, when you say dont go swimming in the pool, because of the chlorine? Or do you mean swimming full stop, ie sea also? Thanks for your input, cheers, Mick.

Latest posts

Back