Sun In & henna

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay_leigh

Reaction score
Hi I'm A Beauty Therapist so i only know a bit about hair.

when i was younger i used to henna my hair and it had a fab shine and such a nice colour but my hairdresser told me i shouldn't use henna and use conventional dyes when it had grown out. so it grew out and i dyed my hair normally (i am light brown but i like a chestnut colour).

one of my friends use's sun in and her hair has gradually gone a dark blonde and i really like it. i haven't dyed my hair in over 2 years and wanted to start using sun in but again a differnt hairdresser told my not to use it and to get some blonde highlights. what would you recommend?

i would really appriciate your help cos i just dont know what to do?

i wud prob say it jus cos sun in isnt really controlled if u get my drift, and why gradually lighten when u can go to a controlled environment, have a custom made look and choose ur own shades and have it done by a pro? haha i wud advise hairdresser highlights, not sprayin in sun in haha x

NEVER us sun in on your hair!

it has metallic salts in it which are incompatable with hairdressers products!

so if it went orange you coldnt have it permanantly dyed darker!

not really worth it....

my tutor at college has been drumming the dangers of sun in to us all year! lol

i would deinetly get high lights :)

:)

Hi, totally agree with all that has been said about sun in ,
it is very bad,
and it will turn your hair orange especially if you are a brown colour ,
its horrible stuff ,

it just makes the condition dry and nasty,

:hug: x minky

Definitely don't use sun in! please! It could actually make your hair fall out if you put conventional colour over the top, it can react very badly with it (ive seen hair fizzing and steaming because of sun in!). If you want highlights definitely let your hairdresser use a conventional dye once your henna has grown out, or they may end up orange! you could go darker over the top of henna, maybe with a semi permanent colour. :)

OMG I didnt realise you could still buy this stuff,you would of thought they would of improved it by now.I remember putting this stuff on in the 80s,no hairdresser would come near my hair for a perm or colour!:mad:

Latest posts

Back