sun in Santa Pod

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawn74pink

Reaction score
We went to Santa Pod this weekend camping, don't know how we survived the heat. Because it all open ground and tracks the heat was scoulding. All of us on camp got burnt we tried everything to stop it. We've all got patchy faces now. There was this rocket car there, the noise was deafening and heat off it was horrendus, vibrations I ran to the other side of the field and still felt like my internal organs were rocking.

How did everyone else get on with the sun, its nice to have it here, but i've never experienced anything like that before.

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

I had the pleasure of trecking Oxford Street in London looking for an outfit for a friend's wedding.

It was so hot that I bought one of those wee hand-held battery operated fans. It was a lifesaver so much so that I thought I was going to get mugged for it on the way home on the oven-like train.

When I got home, well I looked a right treat. My face was bright red, not from sunburn but just from being cooked on the train. I also asked my husband why everyone else looks so fab in the heat whereas I go all red, blotchy and just a disaster really. Must be my Scottish colouring!

Well it was so hot in Norfol I think it hit in its 30's!

We took the kids to Thetford Forest on Sunday where it was nice under all the trees although if you did get in the sun you knew it! The stones on the floor that were in the sun just could not of been picked up they were so hot the burnt you.

Today just now we have had a thunderstorm! 10.30am lots of rain but the sun seems to be coming out now.

Its nice to see the sun at long last shame we have to all work in it and rush about.

Caz xxx

Hi

West country hot and sticky too! I wonder what I did before air conditioning in my car!! It's lovely!

I stayed indoors with the fans on it was 33 degrees and rising, you couldnt get to the beach because of the traffic jams so turned round and stayed in, filled the paddling pool up but even that was like warm bath water. Finally cooled down a tadge aabout 8pm. yuk hate being hot and sticky, its cooler today and cloudy at the moment.

yep it was red hot here too, it wouldnt be so bad f it wernt so clammy :irked: , it does my head in , we had a massive thunderstorm last night,and it clearde the air a bit :D ,

Yep, it sure was a scorcher here yesterday - I'm actually thankful for the overcast, cool day today. It terrrible really, I moan and moan about the cold winter, but as soon as the summer arrives and it gets like this I detest it - it makes it impossible to get around to your day to day chores without feeling like you need to sit in an ice cold bath.

Come on UK weather, if your gonna bring the sun, at least give us a decent breeze.

Other than full on air-conditioning, can anyone recommend a decent fan for indoors? I've tried loads over the years, but none seem to really do the job apart from blow all your belongings everywhere and circulate the heat!

glasgow had heavy rain in the morning...very dull with clammy heat in the afternoon and bright sunshine after teatime....not so hot today though, its quite breezy

stanleyann

dawn74pink said:
We went to Santa Pod this weekend camping, don't know how we survived the heat. Because it all open ground and tracks the heat was scoulding. All of us on camp got burnt we tried everything to stop it. We've all got patchy faces now. There was this rocket car there, the noise was deafening and heat off it was horrendus, vibrations I ran to the other side of the field and still felt like my internal organs were rocking.

How did everyone else get on with the sun, its nice to have it here, but i've never experienced anything like that before.

Dawn

I have had lots of experience with the jet cars Dawn .. they are awsome!! My hubby is the Time Keeper at York Raceway and in the past we have had VIP passes to stand and watch the finals at the Pod from the control tower and winners rostrum. Like you say your internal organs feel the vibrations ;)

Unfortunately this weekend my hubby was at York timekeeping and I was entertaining my father seeing it was fathers day, I invited him for Sunday lunch and the heat was unbarable in the kitchen. Some of us always get the short straw !!!! lol!

At Rotterstock jap race show, they ran to jet cars together, I managed to stand and watch, Its against the law to run two together but they did it anyway, so image what we experienced x2.

Barry my boyfriend sometimes races up the track, hes got a GT4 Celica.
Hes one of the co-ordinators at the GT4 Celica Club.

DAWN

JCS said:
I have had lots of experience with the jet cars Dawn .. they are awsome!! My hubby is the Time Keeper at York Raceway and in the past we have had VIP passes to stand and watch the finals at the Pod from the control tower and winners rostrum. Like you say your internal organs feel the vibrations ;)

Unfortunately this weekend my hubby was at York timekeeping and I was entertaining my father seeing it was fathers day, I invited him for Sunday lunch and the heat was unbarable in the kitchen. Some of us always get the short straw !!!! lol!

I think the weather over the weekend was FANTASTIC !

Being from South Africa, these are more the temperatures that I'm used to. LOVING every minute of it !!!!

River

Yes I know what you mean it was fantastic weather and we should not moan but the trouble with the weather in the UK it just hits us with a blow!

Lets hope we have many more days throughout the summer like this to enjoy.

I am glad you are enjoying it :biggrin:

Caz xxx

River said:
I think the weather over the weekend was FANTASTIC !

Being from South Africa, these are more the temperatures that I'm used to. LOVING every minute of it !!!!

River

its that horrible sticky uncomfortable heat at the mo isnt it!

I love santa pod! im taking my new ST there on the 17th of july for a race what you bought day! im not going to run tho ill let my hubby drive my car, ill get all panicy, so ill fluff the lights and start!:D

Latest posts

Back