Sun-In

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1

Reaction score
My client has used sunnin, she says it was 2 months ago, she wants highlights Monday but I have no time to strand test, will it damage her hair to highlight? Do I refuse to do it? Help please? X

I wouldnt touch it! I was always told not to put anything that contains peroxide over any product that contains metallic salts! She needs to grow it out I am afraid. Hope this helps!

My client has used sunnin, she says it was 2 months ago, she wants highlights Monday but I have no time to strand test, will it damage her hair to highlight? Do I refuse to do it? Help please? X

Couldn't you test it at the start of her appointment? It takes a couple of minutes and you would be able to show her any reaction that happens.

What's that?

It's a spray in 'hi lighting' treatment for people to do themselves at home, I had a client years ago that had it, luckily I tested it as her hair just 'sizzled'!!!! I wouldn't risk without testing xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

What test do I do to take a couple of minutes? I always do strand tests with the full development time? X

What test do I do to take a couple of minutes? I always do strand tests with the full development time? X

Incompatibility test x

I had someones hair smoke it got so hot when I highlighted over that stuff. test it first.

Wow glad I have written on here I will defiantly strand test, so glad the client has told me before I started foiling!! Thanks guys x

There is always time to strand test, if a problem happened you would find even longer to speak to your
Insurance and solicitor to sort things out.
Sun in is a horrendous product. Years back someone in my family used it and ended up in hospital because of the burns to the scalp.
Remember to tell her that sun in never stops working until the hair has fallen out. Any heat or light deactivated it. Xoxo

Lol I didn't know they still made that lol xxx

I would do an incompatibility test which is made up of 6% liquid peroxide and ammonia. This way you will see if the hair is up to it almost straight away. If it starts to bubble then I wouldn't touch it with any chemicals that contain peroxide. At college years ago a woman had been using grecian 2000 which contains similar chemicals to Sun In but she didn't tell them and she had a perm. The perm went fine but when it was neutralised it all fizzed up and the hair snapped off! She had been asked if she had put any colour on her hair and she said no because she didn't consider it to be a colour. After that it was a standard question on our consultation form to ask if they had put anything that lightens or darkens the hair gradually.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back