Sunbed newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthinker

Reaction score
Hi guys this is probably a stupid question but I'm off on holiday in two weeks and just wanted to do a few sunbeds to try get a lil tan before I go ... I've done one on five mins and one on 6 mins and so far nothing... I was going to do two a week until hols do I need to do more minutes or more sessions?

You need more than a few sessions each a couple of days apart of about 6mins. If you are quite olive skinned and tan easily, you could up to 9 mins on your last 1 or 2 before the holiday but if you are fair stick to 6. You may find that although you don't feel that tanned before you go, once on hols you should be able to tan much easier without the risk of burning and your tan will last longer. Are you using the tanning accelerator creams, particularly on your legs as that is hardest part to tan!

These are illegal in Australia. Why not just get a spray tan? So much safer

No I haven't used any accelerater creams I could give that ago as haven't got long left before holiday lol . I'm quite fair so probs stick to 6 then

I don't spray tan because I have dry skin and it comes out patchy plus I don't really like the orangey look lol. They can be dangerous if used LONG term and to regularly but not just a few before holiday

I'm quite olivey and tan easily, but it's still a case of building it up with sun beds. You won't notice much difference at the amount you have used, but as said above you will tan easier when on holiday. If you're convinced nothing at all is happening after a couple more sessions, ask the shop when the tubes were last changed. The place I use forever seem to be replacing the tubes. However I know of a place that didn't change them in years yet still charged people for using the beds.

Oh okay il do two more and then see!

I don't spray tan because I have dry skin and it comes out patchy plus I don't really like the orangey look lol. They can be dangerous if used LONG term and to regularly but not just a few before holiday
If you exfoliate your skin it wont come out patchy. If the person doing the tan uses a green based solution it wont come out orange. You are exposing yourself to uv , one session is enough to cause dangerous consequences like cancer etc. Its been proven. A few sessions isnt enough to get a tan anyway.

No no I have had many spray tans where I exfoliate lol I don't just have normal dry skin I suffer with exma .. I no they don't work for me. Ok thanks for not helping !

No need to be a smart arse. You never mentioned eczema (if thats what you were trying to spell) in your original post. Anyway enjoy your holiday

I would be grateful if you could elaborate on the danger's of spray tanning. o_O

Lol I meant sunbeds .... I no spray tans are not dangerous!

I'm not a fan of sunbeds.....especially on fair skin.
Me and my family, are all red heads, white as can be, and WILL BURN if not protected with very high factor products.
I completely get your desire for a tan....both of my girls have me spray tan them, as they hate being sooo pale.
But I would encourage you to try a different brand of spray tan, as they are not all orange.
I use Nouvatan, 10% is good on fair, but I have used 14% on one of my girls who likes it a little deeper.
Whilst away, we use St tropez shower tan.....It's brilliant for topping up, use whilst showering, a couple of minutes on the skin, job done! :D

Latest posts

Back