Sunday!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz-11

Reaction score
Hey girls x just bit of advice needed really, iv got a part time job in salon working wed, fri, and Saturday's. It's ok but not really enjoying it as its not run greatly and been told about having holiday and not to have a Friday and Saturday together!! So they have have me less then weeks notice to work Thursday and Sunday's but will be on my own Sunday's and £5 an hour! Just wondered if anybody else works a Sunday in salon? Just don't know what to say to them? I don't want to work all weekend:( x plus I have a lot of home hair clients which are booked in next 4 weeks every Thursday's and need to be loyal to them! Xxxx

Hey girls x just bit of advice needed really, iv got a part time job in salon working wed, fri, and Saturday's. It's ok but not really enjoying it as its not run greatly and been told about having holiday and not to have a Friday and Saturday together!! So they have have me less then weeks notice to work Thursday and Sunday's but will be on my own Sunday's and £5 an hour! Just wondered if anybody else works a Sunday in salon? Just don't know what to say to them? I don't want to work all weekend:( x plus I have a lot of home hair clients which are booked in next 4 weeks every Thursday's and need to be loyal to them! Xxxx
gosh 5 pound an hour you would get more working in tesco's!!!! personally i wouldnt work for that but it all depends on how experienced you are and its a job at the end of the day. so what happens if you want to go away for a full week? ive always been self employed so not sure what to tell you really. just tell them you cant do thurs because you have other commitments??:(

I know salons like Regis and super cuts are open everyday of the week, if your working for one of these companies? I also use to be on £5 and hour, well £4.94 I stuck with them until I found another job. As that's the absolute minimum

How old are you if you don't mind me asking as I'm sure £5 isn't even minimum wage which is illegal xx

they need to give you a contract. if the job was advertised as wed/fri/sat only then it was a bit sly to expect you to be a key holder on sundays.

legally, you need to be on a minimum of £6.08 an hour if you are over 21.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking as I'm sure £5 isn't even minimum wage which is illegal xx

There are different levels of NMW, depending on your age and whether you are an apprentice.

The current rates (from 1 October 2011) are:

£6.08 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
£4.98 - the 18-20 rate
£3.68 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18
£2.60 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship

Aren't you meant to get a little more for working Sundays too? X

Aren't you meant to get a little more for working Sundays too? X

No. Sunday is just another working day for millions of people.

I'm 23! So it's less then the min wage! I wouldn't mind but they pay me a normal wage the days I'm there and have said £5 for Sunday! Which to me I feel more should be offered on Sunday as id be on my own in the salon. Iv tried to explain about my home clients and they just tell me to do them all on Tuesday! But I can't expect for everyone to want hair doing in Tuesday, as people are at work ect. Thanks for your advice really helped:):) xxx

Latest posts

Back