Sunless Solutions inflatable tan tent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, Do any of you use this inflatable tent? It looks fab and would be the answer to the nightmare of not being able to hose down my normal tent over the wet winter months as apparently it can go in the washing machine. Does anyone know how long it takes to inflate/deflate? Thanks

It takes approx 20 seconds to inflate and deflate and is machine washable at 40 degrees and also tumble dry-able
Hth
ToniLee

I do not know about the inflatable tent but would ask why you feel you can't wash your tent in the winter?

I just put my tent in the bath in it's folded state (not as a circle, flat with roof off and top pointing down so water washes out) and spray it with my warm water using my shower head and it washes very well like this.

I do not try to open the tent in the bath as there just isn't enough room but spraying the outside gets the tan off the inside. When the water is running clear I leave it to dry off a bit in the bath and then I open it up in my living room to finish drying off and to wipe over the windows & floor with couch roll.

I do not know about the inflatable tent but would ask why you feel you can't wash your tent in the winter?

I just put my tent in the bath in it's folded state (not as a circle, flat with roof off and top pointing down so water washes out) and spray it with my warm water using my shower head and it washes very well like this.

I do not try to open the tent in the bath as there just isn't enough room but spraying the outside gets the tan off the inside. When the water is running clear I leave it to dry off a bit in the bath and then I open it up in my living room to finish drying off and to wipe over the windows & floor with couch roll.

I would love to do this but have a tent where you can't remove the roof. I can't see how this would work on this type of tent as I can just imagine loads of water sitting inside the tent not running out of it, and then just causing a huge mess when I open it up!

I love the idea of the inflatable tent is it on sale yet?xx

I've just looked at a photo of it and 3 things spring to mind:

1. The roof doesn't look completely clear - looks like its tinted so won't let as much light in. Could just be the photo tho.....

2. I would be concerned that when deflating the tent some of the outside areas may pick up some spray that is left on the inside of the tent. So if you're mobile and then go on to someone else's house could there potentially be solution on areas of the tent which may come into contact with their wall/carpet/furniture etc. I know what I'm trying to say but don't know if I've explained it properly!!

3. Looks like it will take up more room than a pop up tent. As you will need to have the air blower (or whatever it's called) next to it too and not even right next to it - photo looks like its about a foot away at least. Possible difficulties in very small spaces....I have one customer who I know for sure I wouldn't be able to spray her anymore cos I spray her in her tiny kitchen which just about fits my tent!

4. Just thought of another one!! This will add more noise to the whole process. When I spray people with kids in bed I feel awful switching on the machine as that's loud enough. Add on the sound of the air blower and that would probably be pretty loud!

Can't wait to hear a proper review from someone whose used it, because visually it looks good and potentially I do like the idea of it.

1. The roof doesn't look completely clear - looks like its tinted so won't let as much light in. Could just be the photo tho.....

2. I would be concerned that when deflating the tent some of the outside areas may pick up some spray that is left on the inside of the tent. So if you're mobile and then go on to someone else's house could there potentially be solution on areas of the tent which may come into contact with their wall/carpet/furniture etc. I know what I'm trying to say but don't know if I've explained it properly!!

3. Looks like it will take up more room than a pop up tent. As you will need to have the air blower (or whatever it's called) next to it too and not even right next to it - photo looks like its about a foot away at least. Possible difficulties in very small spaces....I have one customer who I know for sure I wouldn't be able to spray her anymore cos I spray her in her tiny kitchen which just about fits my tent!

4. Just thought of another one!! This will add more noise to the whole process. When I spray people with kids in bed I feel awful switching on the machine as that's loud enough. Add on the sound of the air blower and that would probably be pretty loud!

Can't wait to hear a proper review from someone whose used it, because visually it looks good and potentially I do like the idea of it.

There is another thread on here re inflatable tent and I did wonder as I'm mobile. Have asked them to post a pic but I'm going to go and google it. Do you have to use a machine to inflate the tent? I have enough stuff to carry, I think 1 more thing will push me over the edge lol. Especially my clients who live in the top floor flat lol x

I personally have one of these tents.
The roof is made of ripstop material which is the same as the windows in a camping tent, lets air thru and light thru perfectly
It's woven from nylon using a special reinforcing technique that makes it resistant from tearing or ripping

When the tent deflates it falls to the ground much in the way a bouncy castle does, so the outer pillers and walls fall down so all the inside parts are on the inside. The tent deflates in less than a min (in the time you've packed up machine and booked next appt!) and is then rolled up in the attached outer strip/flap and is rolled up like a sausage and placed in the duffle bag it comes with

In terms of size, it's actually one cm smaller in height than the pop up
The inflating machine is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and in terms of noise I can have it running and speak on the phone without any problems it really is that quiet I assure you.

Further to that in smaller spaces the tan in tent will only inflate as far as it can thus making it more efficient than the pop up

It's really cute and having worked with it, I can wholeheartedly say its brilliant

Hth

I forgot all the tent, duffle bag and deflating device still weighs less than the pop up!!

The roof is made of ripstop material which is the same as the windows in a camping tent, lets air thru and light thru perfectly
It's woven from nylon using a special reinforcing technique that makes it resistant from tearing or ripping

When the tent deflates it falls to the ground much in the way a bouncy castle does, so the outer pillers and walls fall down so all the inside parts are on the inside. The tent deflates in less than a min (in the time you've packed up machine and booked next appt!) and is then rolled up in the attached outer strip/flap and is rolled up like a sausage and placed in the duffle bag it comes with

The inflating machine is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and in terms of noise I can have it running and speak on the phone without any problems it really is that quiet I assure you.

Further to that in smaller spaces the tan in tent will only inflate as far as it can thus making it more efficient than the pop up

It's really cute and having worked with it, I can wholeheartedly say its brilliant

Hth

That is helpful, and good to hear from someone whose tried it :) I still feel worried about the spray getting on parts of the tent that it should tho I just can't see how it doesn't when you roll it up once deflated. Also my concern about the size was more to do with width of space not height. To be fair there are only a few houses I go to where I'm imagining this to be a problem....but it's still a potential problem.

Wish I could see one in the flesh! Need to go to a beauty show I think!

Thanks for your feedback, it helps cos the rest of us are just guessing :) x

A few people have asked me directly and have asked on other threads about the dimensions of the
"tan in tent"
So I've attached a picture with all the dimensions
I hope this helps everyone
Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365537969.054667.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365537969.054667.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 788
I think this is such a fab solution ! Just wish I could justify spending £x when I have a pop up that works just fine, damn me and my love of gadgets lol x

Having worked with it I've got to say it is pretty amazing lol xx

I WANT ONE!!!!!!! :twisted:

I wish i could afford to buy one, hate my pop up tent lol

Hi

I completed LDN:Skins training recently and will be receiving their inflatable tent at the end of April. Seems like a good idea, but can only comment fully when ive had it a while.

i really do want one of these, think it will change my life lol

Hth
Thank you so much for this, i have been debating all night on buying this, now i know what i am buying right now.xx

Is there a You Tube demo does anyone know? Also I was thinking how would you attach a hook on lamp? I love the idea but would love to see how it works first before I buy one.

Is there a You Tube demo does anyone know? Also I was thinking how would you attach a hook on lamp? I love the idea but would love to see how it works first before I buy one.

Ooh that's true, I use a clip on light never thought about that....

Latest posts

Back