Suntan lotion for kiddies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbabinks

Reaction score
As the weather has changed for the nicer can anyone recommend a good suntan lotion for children at a reasonable price.
I have to buy at least 3 bottles, 2 to go to the nursery and 1 for home.
Each year I buy a different one and still havent found one that I'm overly confident with - they havent burned yet!
Any nices ones out there because I really hate the smell of them?!

i used a moouse on my little one, can't remember the name but it is in a blue can. lasted for 6 hours and it was waterproof. no sand problems when we went to the beach. factor 35 or above. she never burnt and she has white hair, but at the end of the summer she had a lovely glow about her. really loved it. have got some avon sun lotion on order, for the older ones this year.

Do you remember where you bought it from?

tesco's but i can not remember seeing it there this year. think it was called proderm. it was around 10 pound a can but it lasted me all summer as you only have to apply it every 6 hours. i took it away to spain last year while we were on a camping holiday, applied it first thing in the morning, then aound 2 / 3 o clock and she never burnt, she was in and out of water most of the day.

i use one from tesco's a spray on one
minimum factor 30.
i have to get alot one each for the boys at school and at home and tesco's usually do 3 for 2

Sainsburys did one last year, part of there parrot collection, its blue and smells yummy enough to eat.. kids never got burned by the sun but got nibbled loads by their mum lol.....:lol:

Avon do a good range for kids. come in spray bottle spf30, sun cream spf30, lotion spf50, purple sun cream (purple before being rubbed in so fun for kids) spf30, and roll on sun lotion spf25. At the moment they are on offer, 2 for £10, 3 for £12 or 4 for £15.

pm if you dont have a Avon rep. I can work out deal for you inc postage.

Thanks everyone will have a look at them when I'm out shopping tomorrow, quite like the sound of Sainburys one as I'm not to keen on the smell.

I got johnsons for my kids sprays on it was really good had no probs at all and still loads left bought 2 bottles didnt even use 1.

i got them outta boots on 2 for 1 offer

P20 - it is fab, I even use it on myself and I burn easy!!!!!

Basically you get up and put it on before breakfast, then by the time u have eaten and got ready it has bonded with ur skin (u r meant 2 wait 30 mins) then u r fine all day, no need 4 re-application - the thing kids hate most!!

And I haven't burnt yet!

I agree
P20 is fantastic, though about £20 for bigger bottle, but its on once half hour before going in the sun, and thats it - no more top ups at all...

I use on my 2 wee ones, last time we were in Turkey in July and the baby was 4 mths old, there was not one red mark on him though we had him covered - u cant guarantee the sun peeking in on them...)

u can get from boots
:green:

Latest posts

Back