Super dry hair ends advice for growing hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellie_michellex

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have always had thin stranded, naturally straight hair with a crazy cowslick and edges that never want to grow!

I am looking for some advice on keeping my hair healthy as I would love to get it to grow, but everytime it needs a cut I have to get the length it has grown cut off. I get my hair trimmed, coloured and highlighted around every 3-4 months (just roots) and wash my hair everyday, one shampoo and leave my conditioner in for 5-10 minuets. Although my hair is thin I have to use a lot of conditioner as it just soaks it up. I very rarely straighten my hair however do blow dry it to try and control my cowslick. Once a week I use deep conditioning treatment, all hair products are argon oil.

So this week I have tried to cut back on the washing of hair, if I don't wash it everyday the ends of my hair go so dry and brittle and literally shed when I brush it so have kept it in a French plait.

Can anyone recommend any tips to stop my hair from doing this, do i need to get more trimmed off my ends or use more products?
Thanks x

It depends if the hair is just dry or damadged.

if its damaged it needs to be cut, if its dry then you can use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners to nourish it.

Wella's new Oil Reflections Range is amazing and affordable x

Latest posts

Back