Supposed 'fully qualified nail tech' saturation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The market is saturated with rubbish not saturated with great therapists whether it be hair, nails or whatever; it is saturated with mediocre therapists all competing with each other.

Like Persianista, I charge allot but at the same time, I have to be able to DELIVER. You can only charge what you are worth if you are worth it!! and can deliver the goods. Make yourself worth it, and it matters not a damn what others charge around you. If you are only as good/bad as the competition then you won't get a look in.

Education is the key. Keep updated and current. Know what's going on in the industry. Know everything there is to know about your products and show it by talking about it. Remember while sitting in that chair, your job is not to gossip or just chat, but to sell both yourself, your knowledge and your products.

People love to blame the world financial crisis for all their woes, but no ... I know many nail artists who are brand spanking new to the industry during this crisis and they are doing fantastic because they are doing fantastic work. Not to mention that all statistics prove that the nail sector has grown massively during the whole of the financial crisis so no excuses about that or market saturation. Plenty of us are doing very very well in this business and there are good reasons for it.

Last edited:
The market is saturated with rubbish not saturated with great therapists whether it be hair, nails or whatever; it is saturated with mediocre therapists all competing with each other.

Like Persianista, I charge allot but at the same time, I have to be able to DELIVER. You can only charge what you are worth if you are worth it!! and can deliver the goods. Make yourself worth it, and it matters not a damn what others charge around you. If you are only as good/bad as the competition then you won't get a look in.

Education is the key. Keep updated and current. Know what's going on in the industry. Know everything there is to know about your products and show it by talking about it. Remember while sitting in that chair, your job is not to gossip or just chat, but to sell both yourself, your knowledge and your products.

People love to blame the world financial crisis for all their woes, but no ... I know many nail artists who are brand spanking new to the industry during this crisis and they are doing fantastic because they are doing fantastic work. Not to mention that all statistics prove that the nail sector has grown massively during the whole of the financial crisis so no excuses about that or market saturation. Plenty of us are doing very very well in this business and there are good reasons for it.

Couldn't agree more! I'm still in training, but I am 100% determined and confident that I WILL be offering top quality higher priced treatments...but In the same breath some girls on my course are excited about their thick, uneven, badly shaped acrylics, their impending 'blue sky' delivery and knock off minx, 'want to do mobile about £15 a set' and that is their goal, they want to be working for such a low price, rolled their eyes when I said they need to take into consideration the tax on their sales, the amount the product Costs, the amount the training costs, fuel etc etc.....but then again if they aren't determined to master their skill, investor in quality products, offer exciting treatments, and take themselves seriously-they why should their 'clients' pay more?
I am preparing myself to be the best I can possibly be at this, and despite being in a financially poor area (it was Poor before long before the recession hit, and it will be poor long after it passes) there are lots of (as an example) hairdressers popping up in the local towns, advertising £10 wash cut and blow dry, no appointment necessary (their clients, for the most part, are NOT loyal, they are seeking out the lowest price, and convenience, they won't bother to learn their hairdressers name, they will be lured in by a similar offer 8weeks later down the road. Yet, there are, some more expensive Saons, whose owners drive nice cars, whose wash cut and blow dry prices are more than the cheaper salons highest priced service, w/o have a 3 week or more waiting lost, who if I wanted to book for Xmas I would have to do NOW to ensure I got am appointment-so their is a place, people still have money (some more than others) and people STILL know quality when they see it. So in terms of where I WANT to be, it's pretty obvious, and it pains me to see such a low ambition in others, it I know where I want to be, and my target market would not look at knock off products or poor service twice......I've been going over my business plan, and trying to get a feel for where I want to sit in the market, and when I put down a ball park figure for what I would charge for a set of sculpted l&p' s (a skill VERY few techs in my area use) my mum nearly choked! But I reminded her, that in our village there are 3 hair salons, one VERY low priced, one that is what I would consider mid range, ans one very expensive one (put of my price range for now!!) all appear busy, but a girl I know in the cheaper salon can't afford a holiday, is dead on her feet, always so so busy with her £8 cut wash and blow dry-£5 on a Wednesday, can get fit in either the same day or the next day somehow, it try get an appontment at the expensive one, and youre in for a wait, the lady has luxury holidays,the customers are just not the type to be flitting from one salon to another, they have a BEAUTIFUL set up, and it all just FEELS luxurious, the salon doesn't LOOK heaving, but it's busy enough for at least a 2 week wait on appointments.....I KNOW which one of the two I would rather be!

To be fair tho persianista, I don't think you can use yourself as an example in this particular argument. you yourself have said (can't remember which thread if was on) You built your business before the harsh economic times we are currently in.. You trained years ago, worked hard, and charged accordingly and you got a lot of your die hard regulars then. It's not like that now (as you have also said) the markets saturated, as we all know competition is fierce and the price of treatments continues to crash lower and lower.

I always wish I was born a decade earlier.,,, as the 80s and to some extent the 90s were happy days! House prices cheaper, no student loans and no full sets of acrylic for £8!!! You have to appreciate how hard it really is for new up and coming therapists/techs/hair dressers!

When I left school, unemployment was three million, and interest rates were 15%! There have been hideous recessions before you know! Most of my friends couldn't get jobs, there was no minimum wage, no employment protection, and mortgages were approx half your take home pay. There's never been a land of milk and honey.

I started my first salon in the 80's during the worst recession the UK has ever known! It grew from day one!

We are incredibly fortunate to be in an industry that actually grows during recession because what we do makes people feel better. I'd rather give up one meal a day then not get my hair done weekly!! Many feel the same way about their nails; this recession has spurred many on to take advantage of that and work cheap. The beauty industry is booming.

Couldn't agree more! I'm still in training, but I am 100% determined and confident that I WILL be offering top quality higher priced treatments...but In the same breath some girls on my course are excited about their thick, uneven, badly shaped acrylics, their impending 'blue sky' delivery and knock off minx, 'want to do mobile about £15 a set' and that is their goal, they want to be working for such a low price, rolled their eyes when I said they need to take into consideration the tax on their sales, the amount the product Costs, the amount the training costs, fuel etc etc.....but then again if they aren't determined to master their skill, investor in quality products, offer exciting treatments, and take themselves seriously-they why should their 'clients' pay more?
I am preparing myself to be the best I can possibly be at this, and despite being in a financially poor area (it was Poor before long before the recession hit, and it will be poor long after it passes) there are lots of (as an example) hairdressers popping up in the local towns, advertising £10 wash cut and blow dry, no appointment necessary (their clients, for the most part, are NOT loyal, they are seeking out the lowest price, and convenience, they won't bother to learn their hairdressers name, they will be lured in by a similar offer 8weeks later down the road. Yet, there are, some more expensive Saons, whose owners drive nice cars, whose wash cut and blow dry prices are more than the cheaper salons highest priced service, w/o have a 3 week or more waiting lost, who if I wanted to book for Xmas I would have to do NOW to ensure I got am appointment-so their is a place, people still have money (some more than others) and people STILL know quality when they see it. So in terms of where I WANT to be, it's pretty obvious, and it pains me to see such a low ambition in others, it I know where I want to be, and my target market would not look at knock off products or poor service twice......I've been going over my business plan, and trying to get a feel for where I want to sit in the market, and when I put down a ball park figure for what I would charge for a set of sculpted l&p' s (a skill VERY few techs in my area use) my mum nearly choked! But I reminded her, that in our village there are 3 hair salons, one VERY low priced, one that is what I would consider mid range, ans one very expensive one (put of my price range for now!!) all appear busy, but a girl I know in the cheaper salon can't afford a holiday, is dead on her feet, always so so busy with her £8 cut wash and blow dry-£5 on a Wednesday, can get fit in either the same day or the next day somehow, it try get an appontment at the expensive one, and youre in for a wait, the lady has luxury holidays,the customers are just not the type to be flitting from one salon to another, they have a BEAUTIFUL set up, and it all just FEELS luxurious, the salon doesn't LOOK heaving, but it's busy enough for at least a 2 week wait on appointments.....I KNOW which one of the two I would rather be!

Nailed nails as lovely as you are- I find some of this post completely based on conjecture. I'll explain what I see from your words.

...I am preparing myself to be the best I can possibly be at this, and despite being in a financially poor area (it was Poor before long before the recession hit, and it will be poor long after it passes)

what I would charge for a set of sculpted l&p' s (a skill VERY few techs in my area use) my mum nearly choked! You could have a good chance of pricing yourself out altogether. (no reflection on a set of nails for £6.00) but as good as you are I don't believe that you will gain too many customers if you charge £50 if those around you charge £15.

...in our village there are 3 hair salons, one VERY low priced, one that is what I would consider mid range, and one very expensive one (out of my price range for now!!) What makes you any different from the majority of people that live in your area.

...there are, some more expensive Saons, whose owners drive nice cars. You have no idea that the nice cars are purchased with any financial consideration from the ladies hair salon - it is purely visual as this is "what should happen"

....the lady has luxury holidays - as above

....people still have money (some more than others) My point through all of these threads, the majority have less money.

.....have a BEAUTIFUL set up, and it all just FEELS luxurious, the salon doesn't LOOK heaving, - again purely visual you don't know where the money comes from to make the salon this way.

I started my first salon in the 80's during the worst recession the UK has ever known! It grew from day one!

We are incredibly fortunate to be in an industry that actually grows during recession because what we do makes people feel better. I'd rather give up one meal a day then not get my hair done weekly!! Many feel the same way about their nails; this recession has spurred many on to take advantage of that and work cheap. The beauty industry is booming.

..but Geeg we are thirty years on - I was around in the 80's I passed my driving test in the 80's where there were few cars, no seatbelts, no mobile phones or internet...and not as many people starting up salons in every other shop. I loved the 80's. Unfortunately today is very different - you have all said that thirty years ago your prices were far higher than they are today. The industry booms with the cheap salons and the cheap prices, cheap products and cheap labour because that way EVERYBODY can use a salon which they can afford, the unemployed, the rich, the middle class ..take these nasty cheap salons away and I don't believe the industry would be a great as you think....some people can not afford to spend £50 on a set of nails and it not always about educating the client. The most bizarre thing about what I am trying to say is I don't use these salons. I pay approx. £100 for my nails and eyebrow wax and tint....but I can afford it. There are not many that will sacrifice food over nails.. and again forgive me as I don't think all cheap nail techs are cr&P at what they do...they are governed by those around them charging £10 for a set and see people going in there and they panic so reduce their prices accordingly...but on the other hand you really do have the CR*P opportunist therapists.

Last edited:
When I left school, unemployment was three million, and interest rates were 15%! There have been hideous recessions before you know! Most of my friends couldn't get jobs, there was no minimum wage, no employment protection, and mortgages were approx half your take home pay. There's never been a land of milk and honey.

Yes and today mortgages are MORE than most peoples take home pay!

I'm in no way trying to say that you guys had it easy. I have no doubt you did work hard to get where you are and you struggled as well, as nothing good comes easily. I'm simply saying that you yourself have said that your thankful you grew your business when you did.

Now for example the banks are screwed and hardly lend any money to anyone. That goes for businesses, those wanting a mortgage etc. it's ludicrous to get on the property ladder these days, the best most of us can hope got is a home ownership type thing.

All I'm saying is try and see it from my point of view: there are many of us desperate to make it work, to own or work within something similar to what you have- I know I've got the skills, passion blah blah blah yet I'm not sure I will ever manage to make it in the same way you have as I don't have those "die hard regulars" yet and attracting them is definitely a challenge as they are either sticking with their existing salons like yours or they are younger new people with less money higher mortgage rates young families low salaries etc and with other far cheaper salons on every corner- it's gonna be tough!

Nailed nails as lovely as you are- I find some of this post completely based on conjecture. I'll explain what I see from your words.

...I am preparing myself to be the best I can possibly be at this, and despite being in a financially poor area (it was Poor before long before the recession hit, and it will be poor long after it passes)

what I would charge for a set of sculpted l&p' s (a skill VERY few techs in my area use) my mum nearly choked! You could have a good chance of pricing yourself out altogether. (no reflection on a set of nails for £6.00) but as good as you are I don't believe that you will gain too many customers if you charge £50 if those around you charge £15. I have no intentions of pricing myself out completely, I'm NOT going into this with my eyes wide shut like a lot of people seem to do...I will be carrying out extensive research, and looking at successful nail techs in my wider area and what has made them 'sucessful' £50 sets have no place in my area and I would never be deluded enough to think they do,BUT in my area quality DOES sell there are still PLENTY of women seeking out a really quality set of nails and are sick to the back teeth of lack of skill, it is literally overrun with cut price rubbish round here
...in our village there are 3 hair salons, one VERY low priced, one that is what I would consider mid range, and one very expensive one (out of my price range for now!!) What makes you any different from the majority of people that live in your area. the majority of my customers would not be from my village they would be from the next town where I plan to set up, this village is too small, and I don't want to clip my wings in terms of client base by being based here, there's some VERY poor people round here, and for everyone on the breakdown there is another who is sitting comfortAbly in the more up-market surrounding villages and parts of the town-these would be my target market

...there are, some more expensive Saons, whose owners drive nice cars. You have no idea that the nice cars are purchased with any financial consideration from the ladies hair salon - it is purely visual as this is "what should happen" just a judgement, but it is all reflective of what she does for a living
....the lady has luxury holidays - as above

....people still have money (some more than others) My point through all of these threads, the majority have less money. unfortunately those with less money may not be able to justify my price, some might, but I will male sure that what I am offering is WPRRH the money n terms of customer service, skill, product quality and durability/longevity

.....have a BEAUTIFUL set up, and it all just FEELS luxurious, the salon doesn't LOOK heaving, - again purely visual you don't know where the money comes from to make the salon this way.

no, this is true, bit having a nice set up, giving a feel of luxury etc all goes towards justifying the price you pay for something....same goes for clothes, food products, property, etc etc

no, this is true, bit having a nice set up, giving a feel of luxury etc all goes towards justifying the price you pay for something....same goes for clothes, food products, property, etc etc

Yes agreed, but you need the money in the first instance to be able to achieve a nice looking salon ..then hope and pray that you can attract the customers that are willing to pay the price for it if you are in a location where the income is low.

I should be all in agreement for the high end salons, the amazing nail techs and sky high prices and no one else as I do pay the price for them....but I can't help flicking the coin to the other side purely as I have a salon (albeit hair) that is in a non affluent area and one day a week I openly admit that I charge £15 for a cut and blow dry the rest of the week is double that but I can cater for all levels of income. If I charged £50 for a cut and blow dry I would have no customers at all as even some of the highest end, well know salons in the town can not charge that much.

I admit I do not have a problem with lack of customers, having a business will always be hard work, and I am a great believer that if you must keep forcing your name out there and be seen to be doing more than your competition.

Last edited:
..but Geeg we are thirty years on - I was around in the 80's I passed my driving test in the 80's where there were few cars, no seatbelts, no mobile phones or internet...and not as many people starting up salons in every other shop. I loved the 80's. Unfortunately today is very different - you have all said that thirty years ago your prices were far higher than they are today. The industry booms with the cheap salons and the cheap prices, cheap products and cheap labour because that way EVERYBODY can use a salon which they can afford, the unemployed, the rich, the middle class ..take these nasty cheap salons away and I don't believe the industry would be a great as you think....some people can not afford to spend £50 on a set of nails and it not always about educating the client. The most bizarre thing about what I am trying to say is I don't use these salons. I pay approx. £100 for my nails and eyebrow wax and tint....but I can afford it. There are not many that will sacrifice food over nails.. and again forgive me as I don't think all cheap nail techs are cr&P at what they do...they are governed by those around them charging £10 for a set and see people going in there and they panic so reduce their prices accordingly...but on the other hand you really do have the CR*P opportunist therapists.
Well I'm not saying you are wrong in some of the points you make; I agree with many of them ... Except we did have seat belts in the 80's and some of my clients were sporting the first large mobile phones, no Internet .. Plenty of cars but fewer than today :biggrin:. And certainly the cheap salon/service mentality does add to the booming industry because many want it, but isn't this discussion about charging what you are worth and if you are excellent then you command a higher price .. Strive for excellence because there is a market for it.

Interestingly my daughter has been in salons recently judging for the nail salon/artist of the year PB awards as she has done many times. She has just written to express her dismay at what she is finding about what technicians are/are not doing AND THIS IS WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSEDLY TRYING TO IMPRESS A JUDGE.??? Unbelievable! They just don't know what is right and wrong. Marian will tell you the same tale ... Shocking is not the word! And this is supposed to be standard?

Well I'm not saying you are wrong in some of the points you make; I agree with many of them ... Except we did have seat belts in the 80's and some of my clients were sporting the first large mobile phones, no Internet .. Plenty of cars but fewer than today :biggrin:. And certainly the cheap salon/service mentality does add to the booming industry because many want it, but isn't this discussion about charging what you are worth and if you are excellent then you command a higher price .. Strive for excellence because there is a market for it.

Interestingly my daughter has been in salons recently judging for the nail salon/artist of the year PB awards as she has done many times. She has just written to express her dismay at what she is finding about what technicians are/are not doing AND THIS IS WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSEDLY TRYING TO IMPRESS A JUDGE.??? Unbelievable! They just don't know what is right and wrong. Marian will tell you the same tale ... Shocking is not the word! And this is supposed to be standard?

Oh gosh. .don't say that. ..I remember when there were no seat belts. It was before the 80's?! Gulp! Awful. I do remember petrol being 41p per litre when I had my first car a Triumph acclaim - that's for another thread. Ha ha.

Yes there will always be conflict on these points and like we all agree, the opportunist nail techs who can't retain the information of what they have been taught, or can't be bothered to apply it will always be there I believe. There will always be cheap salons, expensive salons etc low wages, cheap products etc. I am not so involved with the application of the nail side so I leave that down to you as experts as I'm sure the changes that you have witnessed for the worst must be saddening. Good discussion - shame it is so futile.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh gosh. .don't say that. ..I remember when there were no seat belts. It was before the 80's?! Gulp! Awful. I do remember petrol being 41p per litre when I had my first car a Triumph acclaim - that's for another thread. Ha ha.

Yes there will always be conflict on these points and like we all agree, the opportunist nail techs who can't retain the information of what they have been taught, or can't be bothered to apply it will always be there I believe. There will always be cheap salons, expensive salons etc low wages, cheap products etc. I am not so involved with the application of the nail side so I leave that down to you as experts as I'm sure the changes that you have witnessed for the worst must be saddening. Good discussion - shame it is so futile.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Manufacturers too have played their part in providing things to make 'instant' nails without necesitating the skills of being hand made ... But as always, when you see beautiful and hand made, the differences are manifold; no comparison really but the mentality of most is , "never mind it'll Do!"

Everything has led towards cheaper, faster maybe, but nothing like as beautiful. Those who only know cheap and fast and mass produced will never be nail technicians that is for sure. Most of the nails you see on the average woman today are made of mass produced pre made things and do not look bespoke or individually made to compliment the clients hands. ... The average porn star nails. Yuck! Lol. Thankfully there are still millions ow women who want more.

Pretty similar to knock off designer bags and clothes etc. that will do for those who all can't afford the real thing but still want to feel they look the part. It is what it is.

Manufacturers too have played their part in providing things to make 'instant' nails without necesitating the skills of being hand made ... But as always, when you see beautiful and hand made, the differences are manifold; no comparison really but the mentality of most is , "never mind it'll Do!"

Everything has led towards cheaper, faster maybe, but nothing like as beautiful. Those who only know cheap and fast and mass produced will never be nail technicians that is for sure. Most of the nails you see on the average woman today are made of mass produced pre made things and do not look bespoke or individually made to compliment the clients hands. ... The average porn star nails. Yuck! Lol. Thankfully there are still millions ow women who want more.

Pretty similar to knock off designer bags and clothes etc. that will do for those who all can't afford the real thing but still want to feel they look the part. It is what it is.

Ahh yes, this is where I will fail a little as the application process I am not familiar with as I don't practice enhancements or nail art etc (apart from the standard Shellac application after a CND manicure/pedicure) - unfortunately patience isn't one of my Virtues...ha ha - I have only ever witnessed tips being applied out of a box of sizes, this (I assume - I do hate that word though) is what you mean but I do believe you can build the length up with product rather than these pre formed tips....Apologies this may now be going off thread but I hope I have understood you correctly with my little example - I am also sure there is far more to it than that.

I've not had time to read the whole thread but see the argument from both sides.

The fact is you can get a 1 day training course and get qualified enough to get insurance - that's fact. We can't slate people for doing this and starting their own business. It's their right to charge whatever they feel they can to get clients through the door. When people first qualify - their nails aren't of the standard someone who has been doing it a long time, which may be part of the reason they don't charge as much. As a sole trader you are required to pay tax and NI, NI at a standard rate and tax dependent on your circumstances. Whether they choose to do this again is their business not anyone else's. All we can do it make sure our own affairs are in order.

I've only been trading for 4 years, and I started off doing it as a hobby after completing a 4 day training course in manicure and gel. I didn't charge the prices salons charge - because I knew my nails weren't of the same standard. I also had a job in the NHS (and still have) and use my income from my nails business for 'extra money' and not money I have to live off and rely on. Since then I have continued to train in different area's and with different brands. I have gained some experience and my nails are of a much better standard than before. I regularly meet up with other nail technicians to keep myself up to date and obviously take a lot of information from this site and it's fantastic members too.

I too get frustrated when you see people advertising nails at a tenner a set on facebook - but when i look at the photo's they proudly display, I know I don't have to worry about them pinching my clients.

We all started somewhere, none of us were 'fully qualified' in the beginning and we all run our businesses how we saw fit. For me I'm just concentrating on my own businesses and making sure I offer the best service, products and aftercare we can. And yes - I do pay my taxes on my second income :wink2:

I've not had time to read the whole thread but see the argument from both sides.

The fact is you can get a 1 day training course and get qualified enough to get insurance - that's fact. We can't slate people for doing this and starting their own business. It's their right to charge whatever they feel they can to get clients through the door. When people first qualify - their nails aren't of the standard someone who has been doing it a long time, which may be part of the reason they don't charge as much. As a sole trader you are required to pay tax and NI, NI at a standard rate and tax dependent on your circumstances. Whether they choose to do this again is their business not anyone else's. All we can do it make sure our own affairs are in order.

I've only been trading for 4 years, and I started off doing it as a hobby after completing a 4 day training course in manicure and gel. I didn't charge the prices salons charge - because I knew my nails weren't of the same standard. I also had a job in the NHS (and still have) and use my income from my nails business for 'extra money' and not money I have to live off and rely on. Since then I have continued to train in different area's and with different brands. I have gained some experience and my nails are of a much better standard than before. I regularly meet up with other nail technicians to keep myself up to date and obviously take a lot of information from this site and it's fantastic members too.

I too get frustrated when you see people advertising nails at a tenner a set on facebook - but when i look at the photo's they proudly display, I know I don't have to worry about them pinching my clients.

We all started somewhere, none of us were 'fully qualified' in the beginning and we all run our businesses how we saw fit. For me I'm just concentrating on my own businesses and making sure I offer the best service, products and aftercare we can. And yes - I do pay my taxes on my second income :wink2:

But this was the first point made in the first post of this thread ... People are nowhere near being fully qualified, yet they are not only deluded and thinking they are ... They are saying they are, when it is patently obvious from their lack of knowledge, their lack of standards, their lack of skill on ALL levels and their lack of any business sense at all. They come sailing into this industry with a one day manicure certificate and clutching their gel polish and call themselves nail technicians! It's really a joke. (And if the cap fits then yes, It fits) if it doesn't then please don't defend yourself as there is no need.

Everything has led towards cheaper, faster maybe, but nothing like as beautiful. Those who only know cheap and fast and mass produced will never be nail technicians that is for sure. Most of the nails you see on the average woman today are made of mass produced pre made things and do not look bespoke or individually made to compliment the clients hands. ... The average porn star nails. Yuck! Lol.

There is a really nasty undercurrent of snobbery developing on this thread and it being dragged way off topic..

what is more ugly... a girl with some brightly coloured cheap and cheerful stick-on nails or a woman who looks down on that girl and likens her to a porn star as she doesn't have the finest things. Disgusting comment.

There is a really nasty undercurrent of snobbery developing on this thread and it being dragged way off topic..

what is more ugly... a girl with some brightly coloured cheap and cheerful stick-on nails or a woman who looks down on that girl and likens her to a porn star as she doesn't have the finest things. Disgusting comment.

Seriously?
I do think you read far too much into the comment you quote.

I completely agree with Geeg, having spent years trying to perfect my enhancements.
The fake long white tips have been called porn star nails for as long as I have known...because basically that's who used to wear them that length. Until of course Tanya in Footballers wives started wearing her nails ridiculously long therefore here in the UK we started calling these super fake white tipped nails Footballers wives nails.

As for nail art, some of it can be chavvy no one can dispute that, but it can also be stunningly beautiful Art! But no matter how. Eautiful the art is if it is applied on an ugly nail...the nail will still be ugly.

Please stop taking offence where absolutely none is meant.

As for nail art, some of it can be chavvy no one can dispute that, but it can also be stunningly beautiful Art! But no matter how. Eautiful the art is if it is applied on an ugly nail...the nail will still be ugly.

The same applies for make-up application right? ha ha ha (Sorry) !

Not nasty snobbery but pride in doing a beautiful job instead of a mediocre job. I do my nails with pride. I never think, it'll do. Why anyone should take my standards as snobbery I can't imagine. Just pride ... Simple pride in a job well done. Nothing nasty in being proud of ones work. I don't look down on any human being but I can look down on the quality of the work!

Last edited:
I am beginning to tire of this thread now - it just circulates the same response with the same outcome and the same comments in reply....show me the way to the light hearted rubbish threads that I can show people just how bad my sense of humour is! ..

(PS: No I'm not saying all light hearted threads are rubbish before I get the wrath of someone who takes it all personally....) YAWWWWWWWWWWnnnnn

Latest posts

Back