Surviving November

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne1118

Reaction score
Well here's how it goes...Unexpected bills came in and I'm down to the bare minimum in my bank account. It's already nearly booked for december but I'm starting to panic that I won't make it till then. I really need to get some money into the business. Any ideas? I'm so nervous, never been in this situation before ahh! :Scared:

Advertising????? Leaflets, Facebook... MSG some of your regulars to get booked in "before Christmas, to avoid disappointment"
I'm feeling your pain here, I had a few reeeeally busy weeks, and now it's a bit slow, so I've just had 1000 leaflets delivered, and I'm going out Thursday to deliver them all.
:-D
xxx

Advertising????? Leaflets, Facebook... MSG some of your regulars to get booked in "before Christmas, to avoid disappointment"
I'm feeling your pain here, I had a few reeeeally busy weeks, and now it's a bit slow, so I've just had 1000 leaflets delivered, and I'm going out Thursday to deliver them all.
:-D
xxx

Leaflets, duh! Sometimes the answer is right on front of you! I can't think straight when I panic! I hate this time of year, too much time to think!

Christmas will be better so so I hope I survive till then :confused:

what about poting a special offer in facebook and social media?

what about poting a special offer in facebook and social media?

I've done that and havn't got much responce from it. Would you ever do a deal on products instead just to get money in fast?

I had 5000 leaflets done and only 1 phone call!! That was a month ago! Never again!

Hey. Never the best time of the year for business to be slow. Did you say your booked up in December? I'm not fully qualified yet but I am regular at salons so thought I'd share with you what a skint student like lol.

Why not try offers like Tan and nails? (that's my fav one)

Or eyebrow wax and tint for x amount. Try going round pubs on the busy nights and had out leaflets or offer gift vouchers for Xmas pressies. (I love getting one in my stocking)

Hope this helps a little!! :) x

I've been like that this month aswell and had a mad panic! After advertising etc i've worked out what i've still left to pay out, what money is in the bank and how many days i have left to make up the rest and that gives me a wee target of how much to make each day and if i make over that then great! (hope that makes sense! lol)

HTH

Lauren
xxx

Hey. Never the best time of the year for business to be slow. Did you say your booked up in December? I'm not fully qualified yet but I am regular at salons so thought I'd share with you what a skint student like lol.

Why not try offers like Tan and nails? (that's my fav one)

Or eyebrow wax and tint for x amount. Try going round pubs on the busy nights and had out leaflets or offer gift vouchers for Xmas pressies. (I love getting one in my stocking)

Hope this helps a little!! :) x

Well I'm not completely booked up in december yet but it's getting there. Im booked up the week before christmas already. I wish ever month had christmas! :lol:

I do tan deals, only problem is I only get bookings for them towards the end of the week!

In the last salon I worked in they done an offer over christmas of 'buy a voucher and get a free voucher for half the amount'. So if you buy €100 you get €150. At the time I thought they were mad giving that away but now I'm tempted!

Yes I'm hating this quietness!! It is worse this year.. 😞 I think it is hitting everyone hard now, I'm established but it still worries me deeply😥.
I have done leaflet drops & offers now and then and it hasn't brought in anymore business, it's word of mouth that gets new clients for me, but even that has quietened off!
I don't always believe in doing too many offers, as it just doesn't pay, & I for one certainly cant afford to drop my prices, as I think my prices are fair, and reflect that I'm a professional, there is no point undercutting yourself.
It's hard to hang in there isn't it? Its tougher than ever!

I had 5000 leaflets done and only 1 phone call!! That was a month ago! Never again!

Pretty much the same here!!
Im not actually that quiet thru november which is good buuttt i feel your panic as i did the same in october lol when i am quiet i send out special offers each week by email and i usually get a few frm that!! Also as its coming up to xmas i do lots of events in village halls and things.. Pamper/ladies evenings etc Its usually free or only £10 for a table, its a great way to get your pricelists etc out ther and too meet potential clients, i also do mini treatments and sell a few products :) good luck.. Yu will be fine!!!

There are loads of Xmas fairs going on, I'm doing one Saturday for the children's ward. Get involved with them.

Maybe put together a winter warmer package? X

Hey I'm a hairdresser and I too have found November quiet so I went through my client records and looked for any clients that I classed as regular clients but that haven't been in for at least 6 months and I emailed them saying ' I've just recently realised that I haven't caught up with you in a while and I miss our are chats I wanted to invite you back for a cut and blowdry and as a Christmas treat here 25% off ' I sent out about 26/30 and so far I've had about 6 book in and I've rebooked 3 of them back in for Xmas and when I asked most of them said they really appreciated the discount as they are struggling with money

Hope this helps x

:Scared: wow, I'm a hairdresser and I feel your pain! we have been quite this month!! but I refuse to waste any more money on leaflets and adverts!! they dont work for me.. I always include a coupon so I can measure the success of that campain....and the only customers that bring them in are my exsiting clients.....
I relised that my colour clients were streching there appoinments from 6 -12 weeks,
so to stop this I gave every client a " thank you for your loyalty" £10 colour discount card with an expiry date within 6 weeks!!! it worked a treat in october.....im waiting for my december rush to hand them out again, to help get through jan/feb.
Its a very tough time for salon owners! good luck everyone x

September-November has been a funny time.

Some weeks I have been stupidly busy and cant keep up and then this week I have 2 clients booked in :eek:

People are defintely trying to stretch their appointments and save for christmas.

You are so right!!! I wonder though how far is to far, how quite has it got to be and for how long!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we check are bank balance, and see it go down,,,,,,how far do we allow it to go before you cut your loses........

how many of us have not paided themselves, gone with out, to pay others!! I know I have.......

But we all look to xmas as a survior, will it happen!!!! I hope so lol xxx

Hi

Have a look at the thread 'Business idea that filled my gaps' by Lucylashes...really fab ideas which may help!

Good Luck:wink2::wink2:

This might not be helpful but............
Ask your business bank manager for assistance! (if you have one?) nearly everybody in the beauty industry has this lull which your bank should understand and they may be able provide you with short term finance that you can repay in December? Xxx

I thought it was quiet this November but when I got my diary out for 2010 and checked against 2011 it gave me such a boost as it is a little better this year - I think its just that when you've had a really hectic summer (without proper dinner breaks and too many late nights) you feel as if you are falling behind, when maybe you are just going back to normality.
Hope this helps see through the fog.
Best wishes
JES x

Latest posts

Back