Suspicious Mail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spray 2 Go

Independent Geek!
Reaction score
I have just received this attachment about suspicious mail - thought I'd share it with you guys as the more people who are aware of it the better.

Mandy x

Attachments

• Suspicious Mail - Feb 07 (2).pdf
    314.9 KB · Views: 155
Oh gosh Mandy that is scary... :(

Thanks for making us more aware!

As its a suspicious file im not even going to open it so haven't read it.
There is a website you can check that tells you about these things usually they are just hoaxes.Google hoax emails.

Just thought I'd tell you because it dawned on me that our sample solutions go out in A5 Jiffy envelopes and making them appear uneven! :eek: lol!

There is a website you can check that tells you about these things usually they are just hoaxes.Google hoax emails.

Perhaps it would be safer to listen to the news on the radio! This is not a HOAX email at all, one of my family members worked on the compilation of the document.

Sorry Gillian, I know there are so many hoaxes doing the rounds but this warning is for real.

Mandy

Just thought I'd tell you because it dawned on me that our sample solutions go out in A5 Jiffy envelopes and making them appear uneven! :eek: lol!
I dont know what it is because i didnt want to open it this is how you can download viruses but often emails that come through as warnings are a bit like chain letters and there is a website you can check that tells you whether they are based on fact or just made up they often go round for years.They range from sick children needing operations to handbags on toilet floors and germs,they are the urban myths of the e mail world.

Hi Gillian

The document was sent to me from a very secure source and can fully understand your concerns about viruses, spam etc - the internet is rife with them.

If I could have copied and pasted the article within then I would have, but it is a pdf so had to do it as an attachment. Basically it is a warning about the latest letter bombs which have been sent to people around the UK, it describes what they look like, how to be aware and generally telling you to be on the lookout for suspicious mail (snail mail!)

Regards

Mandy x

I opened the attachment Gillian, Mandy uploaded it to the site as an attachment, it's perfectly safe, maybe it's the file name that put you off.
Definitely worth reading... thanks Mandy

ok i'll have a look.

ok that seems genuine enough my anti virus didn't like it though had to do a quick scan on the file was ok though so anyone else should be fine if they want to view it.

im always scared to open files aswell...

i am going to open this one tho! you seem like a person we can trust..lol xx

im always scared to open files aswell...

i am going to open this one tho! you seem like a person we can trust..lol xx
Don't trust me ,trust norton internet security 2007, blame them if we get a virus

Lol, the pdf file isn't suspicious, it's an article about the parcel bombs that have been about and how to judge if you have mail through the post that may be suspicious!

Lol, the pdf file isn't suspicious, it's an article about the parcel bombs that have been about and how to judge if you have mail through the post that may be suspicious!
I know that but i couldnt open it i had a warning from norton when i clicked on the attached file.

I know that but i couldnt open it i had a warning from norton when i clicked on the attached file.

Norton Antivirus would stop me opening the door if it could! It really is very over-protective :green:

But if you know the person who is sending (or 'offering' in this case!) the file, then you're usually pretty safe.

Thanks for that Mandy :hug:

Have to say I ditched Norton when it corrupted my whole pc and I had to wipe the lot and reload it, I was not a happy bunny :mad: . I use Avast now which is free and automatically updates itself :)

Latest posts

Back