Swapped from loose lashes to tray lashes - nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma1982

Reaction score
Sorry bit of a long one! I trained in SP lashes in September last year using loose lashes in jars, I decided I wanted to try the tray lashes to save me time from sorting out the loose lashes.
I sampled a few from different supplies and decided to go with lash base as they offer mixed length trays, however I’m really struggling I cant seem to get the strips positioned on my hand correctly (I have them on the back of my left hand) and particular when I’m working on the left eye my hand is lower down and the strips are in completely the wrong position to be able to get a lash off, as I work between both eyes I’m constantly trying to reposition them, I also found I kept dropping the lashes in the glue or on the pad or they were turning to a different angle in the tweezers, also the lash either seemed to pick up hardly any glue or to much (I use Eyelash Emporium glue and never had the problem before) and I found I got loads of stickies!
It took me over 2 hours to do an infill last night, luckily it’s a friends sister so was understanding but as I’m getting busier I don’t want this happening with a new client.
Also the same lady I was doing the infill on last night, I trailed some tray lashes on her at her last infill appointment and I had to remove them all last night as they looked really messy and twisted, she’s a regular who has infills every 3 weeks (sometimes she get’s 4 weeks and still has over 50%) but this time she didn’t so I’m also worried they wont last as long.
Has anyone else found these problems when changing and offer me any advise?

I use lash base tray lashes and don't have a problem. Have u tried working out of the tray instead if sticking on your hand.
I open the tray and put my granite stone in the other side of it to weigh it down.
I also use the clear adhesive backing from the lash pad to put my glue on on top of the granite. It's a great slick surface to take the excess glue off the lash.
Hope that helps x

I use the strip lashes but can't work with them on the back of my hand.
I put double sided sticky tape on a jade stone and then put my strips on there. I then have another stone which I put foil on and put a blob of glue on that and then just throw the foil away after.

I use the strip lashes but have never been able to work with them on the back of my hand.

I have a little ceramic tile from B & Q (£1) and it's about 3 inches square.

I put a strip of double sided tape down the side and stick the different sizes of lashes on that I want to use for my client.

I also put my jade stone on the tile (I use fin foil too) and just have it sitting on the pillow at the side of the client's head. Make sure their hair is pulled to the other side if they have long hair!

Find what works best for you.

Latest posts

Back