Swarovski Crystal Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use an orange stick dipped in water to pick up crystals. xx

Just a quick one geeks,

I was just wondering how your applying your crystals? I was trying to do it from free edge upwards, but get so far and can't apply anymore, and it looks really raggedy around the eponychium. And i don't want that!! lol.

Ahh blu tack great idea. How do you get the crystal to come off the blu tack if you're dropping/setting them in soak off gel that of course at this point is uncured?

I put mine into gel and they come off easily, just place it down and that's it.

becasue I use a gel I can move the crystal about right up until I put them under the UV light so I apply from the eponicium to the free edge.

If there are overhanging bits on the free egde after seting the crystals I file them back and the apply gel over the top and seal the free edge.

Hi Baggybear,
How long does it take you?xx

Hi baggy bear

Thanks for the advice on gel. I only have the shellac uv lamp - will the cuccio gel you use work with that lamp?

Many thanks

I would think it will cure it but your best off asking them at Cuccio to be 100% sure.

When I rang Cuccio and spoke to them about just finishing my college course & asking for some samples of their SOG they didn't say I needed any special UV lamp so I tried it out with my lamp and find it cures perfectly although I know there will be Geeks that swear by only using the lamp from that product supplier - I'd only do that if I was specifically told I have to by the supplier - like the CND lamp for Shellac.

I do the prep and apply Minx/wraps to the 8 small toes then it takes about 20/30 mins to apply the gel & crystals to the 2 big toes (depending on how big toenails are and if they are having a design or just full nail 1 colour).

I've not timed the full crystal ped yet as no-one's asked for one . I have a volunteer for a full crystal pedi (who would pay for only product costs) but I've not felt the need to do a trial run yet. I will have to do a trial before taking a booking for one though so I'd know how long to book out for the appoint :biggrin:.

I think your work is beautiful.xx:biggrin:

I use cuccio soak off too, I use the same lamp I use for gelish & it cures ok. Mine have been in for 4 weeks now & haven't moved!!

I use resin and activator from Star and the little blighters dont dare shift lol. Had mine on for a good six + weeks in fact even filled in with another row of crystals when i'd had em on that long hehe.

Ahh blu tack great idea. How do you get the crystal to come off the blu tack if you're dropping/setting them in soak off gel that of course at this point is uncured?

I use the pointed end of an orange wood stick slightly dipped in petroleum jelly (vaseline) this works perfectly for picking up even the tiniest of gems hth xx

Baggybear...what is the name of the red swarovski crystals you use? Is it Hyacinth?

Yes the red crystals I use are Hyacinth :lol:

PS places my scattercrystals order...hope you're getting commission for your referrals!!! Lol

PS places my scattercrystals order...hope you're getting commission for your referrals!!! Lol
No, I have nothing to do with scattercrystals other than buying from them myself.

I pass on to other therapists the information of where I buy lots of products as it is part of what this site is all about - sharing our valuable info with each other :biggrin:.

Oh I know, sorry was a joke lol. I appreciate your advice. X

Another question for you Baggybear...can I use your cuccio sog method over acrylic?

Latest posts

Back