Swarovski crystals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenyie

Reaction score
Is it worth it to pay extra for swarovski crystals? I'm not sure how much better they'd be than cheap ones I use.

I would highly recommend them, the crystal shine is so much better than the diamanté’s. You won’t regret it!

Is it worth it to pay extra for swarovski crystals? I'm not sure how much better they'd be than cheap ones I use.

As long as you pass the costs on to your clients too, otherwise it eats into your profits. Work smarter, not harder. Make it a massive selling point, big up their incredible shine and value so the client is expecting to pay more, people know quality is expensive.

If you buy Swarovski in retail packs (usually 1440 per pack) from authorised resellers then it actually doesn't end up that much more expensive than the "fake" ones. Retail packs are good value for money. Check out for example bluestreak crystals where a pack of 1440 size ss7 are £22.50 for Crystal colour or 31.50 for Crystal AB, which is just £0.015 and £0.02 per Swarovski respectively. You'll easily make a profit if your clients usually enjoy having bling.
There's a ton of other resellers too, but I don't know them all.

Yes it’s well worth the extra cost. Most of my clients get Swarovski crystals and are happy to pay extra for the real thing.

It depends on how much your LOCAL retailers sell Swarovskis for and how much your customer is willing to pay.

Some customers want BLING BLING BLING nails without paying much for them, so there is nothing wrong with looking for alternatives.
My salon offers both authentic Swarovski and a Chinese-made alternative, and we charge 1$ per stone for Swarovski, 15 or 20 cents per stone for the Chinese made ones. We often recommend our customers getting the Chinese alternative for all stones ss12 and under and getting Swarovski for ss 16 and 20 because with these larger sizes they start to show visible differences between the real and fake.

For example, a single long nail fully covered by stones takes about 60 pieces of ss6 and ss8 + a few ss10 and ss12, we usually end up charging 10~11$, which pays us enough for the 10 minutes it takes us to do.

Is there a HUGE difference in terms of sheen? No, you just have to buy the alternatives from the right vendor, so they are comparable in quality to the Swarovskis. My boss spent her time and money ordering from different vendors and figured that only one place on Aliexpress has the best to offer. My boss always pays for DHL shipping so the stones come fast. Their free shipping supposedly takes forever.

FYI, here in the US, a 1440pack of Crystal AB ss7 is 46~48$, Crystal ss7 is 33$.

Latest posts

Back